[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My childhood best friend told me he would like to date me. We

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

My childhood best friend told me he would like to date me.
We have been friends for 20 years. He is one of the most attractive, funniest, most intelligent guys I've ever met and I'd love to date him and try to see how things work out, but he has a lot of mental issues that made all his past relationship miserable.

What do I do? Do I give it a chance or just stay friends with him?
>>
>>18700336
Do the just friends thing and give him time to work out his shit. Don't poke or prod him into changing because he will come to resent you for it.
>>
>>18700364
His mental health probably cannot improve.
He has been seeing a therapist for at least 5 years, and he is mostly functioning - but his issues will always stay here.

>Don't poke or prod him into changing because he will come to resent you for it.
I don't believe it is possible to change for others, or to "fix" people.
>>
>>18700371
>His mental health probably cannot improve.
Would it get in the way of having a healthy, fulfilling relationship?

>I don't believe it is possible to change for others, or to "fix" people.
Me either, as gay as it sounds, change comes from within.
>>
If things go wrong there is likely no way you can go back into just a friendship.
It seems like you really like or love him so it is up to you to decide if it is worth potentially ruining everything.
You only get one shot to make it work.
>>
>>18700376
>Would it get in the way of having a healthy, fulfilling relationship?
It got in the way of all his other relationships.
I obviously think I can handle it, but I bet all his exes thought so as well.
>>
>>18700382
>It got in the way of all his other relationships
>I bet all his exes thought so as well
It's not your problem to handle it, it's his. He needs to get his shit under control before he starts trying to pull other people in. It's not my place to tell you how to feel about him but I would avoid becoming overly entangled with this person.
>>
>>18700381
Our families are very close and we spend Christmas and such together.
It'd be really awkward if it didn't work out.

I feel like there's a lot of pressure on me.
>>
>>18700336
> I'd love to date him

Senpai the moment you wrote this you had your answer. Date him, have fun, see how it goes.

Personally speaking though if I were a girl id reject anyone who says they want to DATE me. Dating doesnt magically change how two people are with eachother. If he wants you he should show it like a king not ask for your permission like a servant
>>
>>18700336
You can't fix him. The best compromise is to tell him that you'll wait for a year or so for him to sort himself out, and if he does, then you'll date him.
But the best way would be to friendzone him as lightly as possible.
>>
>>18700395
His shit is as under control as it will ever be, probably.
His condition is chronic and it will never get better than it is now. He's functioning, but he is clearly sick and is prone to episodes when things get worse for him.

>>18700416
We had a very weird conversation about this dating thing. I don't know.
>>
File: gay-seal-meme.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
gay-seal-meme.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>18700376
>change comes from within.
>>
>>18700441
>His condition is chronic
Then you already know what you need to do.
And if he truly cares about you, he will understand that it won't work out.

If you're a roastie, though, do it. Nothing to lose there, and he's the best you'll get.
>>
>>18700464
>And if he truly cares about you, he will understand that it won't work out.
He does. I know he wouldn't hate me if I rejected him. .

>If you're a roastie, though, do it. Nothing to lose there, and he's the best you'll get.
I do genuinely think he's probably one of the best guys I'll ever get. I don't think I'm a roastie tho.
>>
>>18700481
>I don't think
Ma'am, I must regretfully inform you that you are, in fact, a roastie if you need to question this.
Have fun.
>>
>>18700488
There is no scientific definition for a roastie, and I don't know what to expect from "literally Hitler".
If you believe that anyone who has ever been close to a cock is a roastie, then yeah.
But I am 25, had one partner. So by most people standards I guess I'm not exactly a slut.
>>
>>18700495
>one partner
Well, there you go. Unless it's the guy you are asking about, then you are a roastie.
Granted, you are on the low end of the degeneracy scale, but nonetheless, you're on it, the damage being done. You therefore have little to lose in going for this guy, and far be it from me to oppose you two somehow managing to form a stable bond despite your flaws. One mildly degenerate couple striving to be better right now is obviously preferable to two broken and bitter individuals 15 years down the line.
>>
>>18700336
Don't do this OP. Stay friends, the families are close but he'll get worse and you'll be miserable and it will make everything awkward.
>>
>>18700506
So like you then.
>>
Tell him only if he works out those mental issues, because you don't want your relations to end up like his past relations.

>>18700364
The "just friends" thing will just make his issues grow deeper (since it automatically translates to "I'm not physically attracted to you in anyway"). OP tell the guy what you told us.
>>
>>18700539
Again, he can't work out those mental issues. They're chronic.

He's perfectly functioning 98% of the time, but he has his episodes.

>since it automatically translates to "I'm not physically attracted to you in anyway"
He is very attractive, I've always told him.
>>
>>18700506
>roastie
>degeneracy
Back to your containment board, trash.
>>
>>18700554
What mental issues does he have?
>>
>>18700538
What do you mean? I'm a virgin, if that's the topic you were referring to.
>>18700556
I give unfiltered advice, faggot. You go back to plebbit.
>>
>>18700561
>unfiltered advice
>literal copy/paste pol faggotry
Holy shit, kill yourself.
>>
>>18700561
>I'm a virgin
No one is surprised
>>
>>18700567
>implying /pol/ is ever wrong
>>18700568
And here we have the leftist, filled with contempt at all signs of civilized morality. Note how he thinks virginity, a mark of faithfulness to one's future spouse and to the holy bond of marriage itself, is insulting.
>>
>>18700611
>namefag
>Shitty bait
Pick two
>>
>>18700611
>I couldn't get laid if I tried
>"B-but peoples' total aversion to my character is a good thing! All these retards exactly like me can't be wrong!"
Kek, bye
>>
>>18700615
I'm not baiting. And the name is to let people know where I'm coming from in worldview.
Obviously, if there are two ancoms asking for relationship advice, they shouldn't listen to me. But traditionalist-oriented anons would do better listing to me than to a commie.
Also, I hate being dismissed with the "go back to /pol/" meme whenever I post something , so I preempt most of that by being upfront.
>>
>>18700621
I haven't tried to get into a relationship. Not really much of a point when there are no virgins left in my area.
The few ones that exist can probably do much better than me, anyway.

I don't see how any of that affects the morals themselves. It is better for people to save themselves for their spouse, not get their dick wet/ride the cock carousel.
>>
>>18700629
>Also, I hate being dismissed with the "go back to /pol/" meme whenever I post something , so I preempt most of that by being upfront.
>being brash and upfront to produce a desired reaction
That's literally what baiting is
>>
>>18700629
>Also, I hate being dismissed with the "go back to /pol/" meme whenever I post something , so I preempt most of that by being upfront.
>being brash and upfront to produce a desired reaction
That's literally what baiting is
>>
>>18700642
Baiting is posting with the intention of getting a reaction. I am posting under this name to avoid informationless interactions. Totally different.

If I wanted (You)s, I would just make a "NIGGERS BTFO" thread or something. I don't, because that's not why I'm here.
>>
>>18700556
There is no containment of the /pol/
We will infest every board that exists
>>
File: dont date broken people.png (138KB, 540x488px) Image search: [Google]
dont date broken people.png
138KB, 540x488px
>>18700336
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.