[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Acne Scars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

File: Deep-scars-2[1].jpg (145KB, 1245x1144px) Image search: [Google]
Deep-scars-2[1].jpg
145KB, 1245x1144px
I've been battling with acne for as long as I remember until I recently took a course of isotretinoin (Accutane) and everything disappeared.
It's been six months now and I haven't seen a single one of those fuckers surface. Fingers crossed it stays that way.
Unfortunately though, I am left with a lot of acne scars/indentations (not red marks).
I look fine and even handsome (I have't been handsome in quite some time) when I'm in a dim environment but when the sun hits my face I look like shit.

What can I do about this? And no, I don't want to just accept it.

I was thinking maybe something like chemical peels or micro-needling.
My doctor told me that we could try some laser treatments but I've seen some terrible reviews online (see link below) and I'm getting really discouraged.
> https://www.acne.org/acne-scar-treatment.html

I hope this is not something permanent.

Pic related.

Help me guys, I'm depressed...
>>
My man I was in the same situation, heres what you do, visit a dermatologist and see what treatments there are
ALSO you need to use salcyclic acid (dont know how spell it) look it up and see the benefits of it, it makes your skin look clearer and helps skin produce more collagen
>>
>>18700133
It worked wonders for me and I noticed a difference after 6 weeks
>>
>>18700133
Yeah I've heard of salicylic acid but I didn't know that it can help with scars.
I'll check it out. Thanks.
>>
>>18700085
>Acne Scars
damn man, that sucks.

Truth is there is nothing that fixes that. You're going to be a crater face for the rest of your days. On the bright side lots of chicks have the same deformity so you might be able to make it work with one of them.
>>
>>18700154
Damn. Way to be bold man.
The problem is that bitches can wear make-up.
>>
>>18700085
>sun
I can relate. Slight shade to dim lighting, I look far better.
>be considered gorgeous, actually be complimented, etc
>reality is that I look like absolute top-tier shit
>basically am pretty eyes uncannily stuck in a thoroughly fucked up face
>nice girls and guys alike have turn from treating me well to treating me like shit once they really see my skin. Hello trust issues...
>am basically a guy's nightmare; if I "cover" my face I jump from 3/10 to 8.5/10

>tfw I would have been happy with being a pleasant, chubby 5/10

Sorry if this isn't helpful...it's just rare to find someone that experiences something similar. Anyway, in the bright side, your texture issues can be halfway fixed with time.

You can try stuff like Retinol 2% from the Ordinary to at least even out the skin-- it helps rebuild collagen and even out the skin's texture. SA works too, but is more harsh on the skin with less benefits. Retin-A (prescription) is more hardcore. Look into the less risky, cheaper options for surgical intervention and work up from there.

Also...I hate recommended Reddit, but their skincareaddiction or Asianbeauty subreddit may help you--especially if you actually want to improve your skin overall and not just the marks.
>>
File: crater face from grease.jpg (85KB, 620x867px) Image search: [Google]
crater face from grease.jpg
85KB, 620x867px
>>18700169
could be worse
>>
File: thank-you-i-try-thumb[1].png (114KB, 304x228px) Image search: [Google]
thank-you-i-try-thumb[1].png
114KB, 304x228px
>>18700154
>>
File: sad-pepe-640x480_1476065332[1].jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sad-pepe-640x480_1476065332[1].jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>18700170
>nice girls and guys alike have turn from treating me well to treating me like shit once they really see my skin. Hello trust issues...
I've seen people cringe and stare at me on the street while I walk by...
And a few "friends" even told me that I'm the ugliest person they've seen right in my face (which was actually true, I was probably the ugliest kid in highscool)
I'm a lot better now but still...
>>
Make a paste like solution out of baking soda and water. Scrub your face with that. Afterwards, dilute apple cider vinegar with water (starting out very weak and increasing to maybe 50/50 over time) and apply that with a cotton ball as a toner. Moisturize as usual.

I did this a while back when I had pretty bad acne and it seems to have worked with the aftermath.
>>
>>18700232
I don't have acne anymore, like at all.

The thread was about scars.
>>
File: a sweet death.jpg (19KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
a sweet death.jpg
19KB, 400x300px
>>18700195
Goddamn, your friends should have kept it to themselves. But yeah I can relate. I don't know if people necessarily cringe at me, though I remember just eating some salad with my dormmates and I spotted this Stacey-looking girl across the huge cafeteria just gawking at me with the most disgusted expression I have ever seen. The fuck? People can be really rude...sometimes the whole "only bad people care too much about appearances" when that's not necessarily true. People benefit from the halo effect, just as they are treated more poorly for being ugly. T_T
>>
>>18700195
Damn that's brutal anon, but you are ugly as fuck though aren't you?
>>
File: l04he[1].jpg (29KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
l04he[1].jpg
29KB, 399x385px
>>18700282
I really was an ugly fucking bastard.
I'm not that bad anymore, it's getting better.
>>
>>18700255
It's amazing how someone's looks changes completely how they're treated.
>>
>>18700085
Laser treatment. It's been a long time since I was an underage faggot but I had this problem and went through some type of laser treatment and m scars almost completely disappeared.
>>
>>18700305
There are a lot of laser treatments bitch. Get some context.
>>
>>18700297
Yeah pretty sure 100% of people have some fucked up embarrassing high school pictures somewhere. Unless they peaked at life at 19 and their life's probably been shit ever since then anyway.
>>
>>18700330

liek dis?
>>
>>18700303
>amazing
...You're memeing, right?

It's just hit me hard because I was an optimist in my childhood and adolescence but turns out that most people are irrevocably shallow, and genuinely do treat uggos like subhumans. That's probably my fault for believing in the childish stories and morals I learned for so long. :/
>>
>>18700344
wow it's pretty impressive how fucked up that haircut is.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>18700360
>>
>>18700243
I understand that. I'm telling you it worked for the aftermath of my acne (redness & scarring)
>>
>>18700085
Try neem oil. It worked great for me. It is a natural product of the neem-tree, which has strong anti-septic capabilities. Indians use neem as toothpaste, on the skin, and orally to cleanse.
I used it and my acne went away and never came back. Synthetic stuff didnt work at all. I never had scars like you, but it looks like your acne is not fully gone. So maybe this oil may help you, you can buy it on the internet.
>>
>>18700085

Your pits are fucking scars

Scars don't go away

On the plus side, it gives you a more rugged/weathered look

In real life, most don't give a fuck as long as you don't have active puss-infested sores on your face.
The biggest player I ever knew had pockmarks like a plague-ridden witch-doctor infested with the black plague under the bird-mask, and he rolled around in pussy. He. Slammed. Pussy. Every. Fucking. Week.

What I am saying is that having marks is much much much less bad than having open puss-spilling sores on your face.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.