[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aspergers is going to make me kill myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1775.jpg (86KB, 540x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1775.jpg
86KB, 540x675px
I lost a job because I made a gun joke as an attempt to flirt. The girl I was flirting with who I thought liked me went on a vendetta to get me fired behind my back

I lost my entire group of friends because I joked that we were eating a buddy of mine when I cooked them a meal and they prodded me about a big grease stain on the wall that looked kinda like blood

things like this always happen to me. I can't stop myself when it happens because it never crosses my mind how bad it is when it happens. I feel so much anger welling up inside me because I don't feel like I can do anything about it anymore. I've dedicated my life to improving myself mentally but people are still just as unpredictable as I am for myself
>>
>>18699534
Maybe you could tell them sometimes you don't realize that you are making an inappropriate joke because of a mental condition, turn it around on them so it's their fault and they feel bad
>>
>>18699553
Imao it doesn't work

I'm basically Charlie from sunny in philidephia. I'm total crap and if I make people know it's legit, I just become LEGIT total crap

If you catch my drift
>>
>>18699534
>"Haha I'm going to gun everybody here at work down tomorrow."
>Gets fired.
>"It's not my faulllllt."
How about you just shut the fuck up if you can't say some shit that's not incredibly stupid? You try that yet? Just don't talk, at all.
>>
Work somewhere where you are mostly by yourself, get a job driving a delivery truck or something.
>>
File: IMG_1179.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1179.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>18699586
Lol that's easy for you to say

I would rather try my hand at being real than live my life in hiding
>>
>>18699611
You think shutting the fuck up is hiding? It's called being an adult and not getting fired for making stupid ass jokes, you faggot. Get some fucking perspective loser.
>>
File: IMG_1504.png (153KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1504.png
153KB, 640x1136px
>>18699616
Wow thats hurtful. with all that emotion you must be speaking from experience
>>
>>18699637
Insulting him does not help your situation, he's trying to help you.
>>
>>18699642
Does it matter what his intention is?
If hes being annoying and unhelpful then it is he that should listen to his own advice and shut the fuck up.
>>18699616
Seriously fuck off faggot.
>>
>>18699637
>>18699657
You asked for advice I'm just putting it to you bluntly so it will get through to you. Seriously, just shut the fuck up and do whatever your job is how difficult is that for you? If opening your sperg-ass mouth is what gets you fired, the solution (shutting your fucking mouth) seems like an obvious answer.
>>
>>18699664
Imao anon you sound like the sperg here
>>
>>18699677
Yeah because I gave you advice you didn't want to hear, totally a sperg. You caught me. Stay stupid pal.
>>
>>18699704
I like that you're still checking this thread for responses
>>
>>18699534
Gun joke? What was it exactly?

And your ex-group of friends sound like pretentious retards to be honest. You should be glad to be rid of them.
>>
>>18699534
Make new friends. There's plenty of other spergs out there who will make sadisitic jokes with you.

>>18700966
Agreed
>>
You sound like you're a fucking cool guy. It just looks like you just didn't find friends that are cool like you.
>>
>>18699534
You should not flirt on the job, learn from that and carry on.

I have Asperger's and whenever I step outside or feel odd when waking up, I try to fall back on a script that might work for you.

Define "purpose".

Ask yourself that in your head. What are you set out to do, immediately? How will you achieve that? And then what?

In your case, purpose is going to work, performing your tasks, coming home after that. Not flirting. Not making jokes. Not getting distracted. You don't have to be a machine, but you need to have a clearly set guideline for what you're out to do to fall back on when you don't know what to do so you won't act aimlessly
>>
>>18699585
just start drinking and huffing glue. EZ.
>>
>>18699534
I've never been diagnosed, but I feel like I do this shit a lot. Cases aren't as severe as yours, but shit gets awkward and painful. But each time, I walk away feeling like I will never do that specific fuck-up again.

Generally I would avoid any kind of dark or edgy humor, because even if people know it is a joke, it's immature and low-effort. Strive to be a little more clever than that - people will usually laugh even if you aren't actually funny, as long as you don't freak them out. Let other people do something jokey and see if you can build off that.
>>18699553
Very bad idea IMO, and this is why I've never tried to get an official diagnosis of Sperg/Tism/etc... so what? Regardless, you did a weird thing and need to do better in the future.
>>
>>18701049
What do you do when someone you know/knew stops you on the street for casual talking? I'm another anon sperg here, and i didn't know what the hell to do. I even did an inappropriate joke.
>>
>I lost a job because I made a gun joke as an attempt to flirt. The girl I was flirting with who I thought liked me went on a vendetta to get me fired behind my back

That's not assburger; that's just called "office politics" aka the highbeams slut gets promoted by firing people who actually do shit. Don't take it personally; the people who profit from your demise can't even connect your name to your face.
>>
>>18699534

If your employer is aware of your condition you can sue.

Bring a lawyer into the office with you. A settlement will be cheaper than arranging for court costs and lawyer fees later. The company would rather just pay you out and make you go away than follow through, especially since this is an equal opportunity violation which they most definitely cant win.

In the future make it very clear to your employers what your condition is and what they can expect.

If they will in turn treat you like garbage over it, then its a poisoned work place and you shouldnt be there anyway.

Pro tip: i dont want to downplay your condition and experience. I understand its serious. But going with the above "poisoned workplace idea." i dont think there is a person alive who hasnt been at a job or in a circle where theyre very disliked and poorly treated. It does take some trial and error to find a good work family.
>>
>>18699616
Dude. He has aspergers. The part of his brain responsible for social skills literally doesnt work.

If hes smart he can learn to socially maneuver and its absolutely essential for his quality of life that he try his best.

But hell slip up and make weird remarks now and then.

Its the same as if i told you "well if you cant be constructive and criticise people on the internet without calling them childish names and you seem to have so many personal problems you have to assert yourself over aspies on the internet from the safety of your keyboard, then you cant have any internet at all."

Its an absolutely ridiculous request to make of someone.
>>
>>18701226
>Dude. He has aspergers. The part of his brain responsible for social skills literally doesnt work

Then how did he get a job? His brain is not wrong, he probably spent too much time in 4chan instead of learning social etiquette
>>
>>18701232
People make tasteless jokes. All circles have their jokes that arent very appropriate in the broader context of society.

A person with aspergers doesnt always clue in that "this jokes is ok here, and not here." The subtleties to social rules are so precise its fascinating anyone at all can do it. Its why you have a whole powerful section of your brain to make that shit extremely easy for you.

Thats what OP lacks.
>>
>>18701232
Aspergers doesn't mean ''retard''. Means we are incapable of perceiving shit. Think of it as when you hit on a girl and she just doesn't get that you're actually flirting with her. It's like that with us. We don't know when we are being appropriate. It's a condition, a proven one. Bottom-line it's functional autism. Get educated before you go spilling bullshit, ''be yourself'' shit around.
>>
>>18701211
I stick to a script too.

>Hi, how are you doing?
>Oh, that's great/terrible. What about [common interest]?
>Right now I'm out doing x, what are you up to?
>Hey, I got to go. It was great seeing you, catch you later!

Then hope I don't see them again for a week.
>>
>>18701329
Thank you.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.