[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Renegged on Job offer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: AmericanCash.jpg (873KB, 1500x1100px) Image search: [Google]
AmericanCash.jpg
873KB, 1500x1100px
So I recently renigged on a job offer.
I was given an engineering position with a space contractor and they low balled me at around 55K, I renegotiated to 57K. But my back ground was in the power industry where 62-67K is the gold standard for starting wages, in Engineering or Crafts.

I kindly called the company 2 weeks before my start date and told them I had been recruited for another position and that I could not morally come into their job site and leave a month or two months later at the drop of a hat. That I stood behind integrity and the decision was not easy for me, I understand how hard it is to get a job and the value of a dollar.

They told me to call them if anything changes, (HR)
So do you think I burned a bridge ? or do you think they would consider me if I applied again ?

Yes, I know that 1 in the hand is better than 2 in the bush
>>
>>18699427
You didn't burn a bridge. You handled it correctly.

BUT... if you were to go back to them looking for a job, why would they consider you? You've already basically told them you jumped for more money, and they wouldn't be offering you more in the future so it's likely you're just not a fit for them.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.