[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hurricane Irma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: wXUz3tp.jpg (60KB, 619x619px) Image search: [Google]
wXUz3tp.jpg
60KB, 619x619px
Can a cat 5 hurricane destroy a 10 story building? I'm supposed to evacuate I'd rather not if it's unnecessary
>>
>>18698938

Even if it can't it will fuck the water, electricity, and everything that makes living in your building comfy, nay possible. Unless you're a well prepared survivalist it is time to go.
>>
If the authorities tell you to evacuate, you do it. Otherwise you'll become a Darwin award.
>>
>>18698953
You mean, or else youll GET a Darwin award.
>>
File: wall_off.jpg (213KB, 960x634px) Image search: [Google]
wall_off.jpg
213KB, 960x634px
>>18698938
"Category 5" means "Cataclysmic damage will occur". From Wikipedia:
> Only a few types of structures are capable of surviving intact, and only if located at least 3 to 5 miles (5 to 8 km) inland. They include office, condominium and apartment buildings and hotels that are of solid concrete or steel frame construction, public multi-story concrete parking garages, and residences that are made of either reinforced brick or concrete/cement block and have hipped roofs with slopes of no less than 35 degrees from horizontal and no overhangs of any kind, and if the windows are either made of hurricane-resistant safety glass or covered with shutters. Unless all of these requirements are met, the absolute destruction of a structure is certain.

Also note that Irma is officially the worst hurricane ever, and will probably do even more damage than that. Also also note that even if your apartment is a fortress of reinforced concrete, and all the windows are made of bulletproof glass and such, you will have a bad time when an entire tree gets ripped up by its roots and sent flying through your window. The fact that there might be some possibility of a reinforced structure surviving does not imply that you want to be inside it while there is a hurricane.

Pic related; this is what a building looks like if it's held up to a hurricane pretty well. The structure itself may survive, but stuff like 'walls' may be stripped away.
>>
somewhat related but is northeast florida safe? I have nowhere to evacuate to and no money
>>
Stay. It will be a wild ride. Have an adventure
>>
>>18698938

Get out of there you autist.
>>
>>18699167
No. If it heads east (like it's projected to) then you're driving into it. You'll probably want to go north west, but Florida sucks for evacuation because there's literally no where to go to get away from it. If I were you I'd get food, water, clothes for a week, money/valuables like records and paperwork, and head to a shelter the day of or day before. Usually the local high school is the shelter, but ask your city hall.
>>
>>18699179
That quote is fucking stupid. It's the most normie shit I've ever read, ever since "normal people scare me" on some normie girl's phone background.
>>
>>18699238
Wow relax.

Why would you get so mad over what some fag says on the internet?

Also
>normie
>>
>>18698938
>im staying for the category 5 hurricane

try hard mode: No taking shelter in buildings.

bonus points for uploading pictures of yourself tied to a tree to facebook from the eye of the storm.
>>
>>18698938
>Weeb is dumb
Every time. Get your ass out of there. This isn't an anime or a video game.
>>
>>18698938
Get in a bunker weebie
>>
>>18699104
wow that sounds really bad
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.