[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Loneliness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

I am an Objectivist who is ninety-nine percent of the time surrounded by Liberals who wouldn't be accepting of my views. While, political views are not everything, in this day and age I can't go an inch without some stepping in some slackjawed shit about "0000, Donald Trump is a rac1st NAZI, if you don't think communism needs to happen kill yourself." I also don't find myself at home on /pol/ considering their views on the Jewish and people of other color. (however I am fairly certain at least three quarters of it are simple good ol'fashioned trolling.) TL;DR, I am lonely, and I can't seem to find anywhere I could find like minded individuals, so I came to the ass-end of the internet for advice. Let's see how well this turns out.
>>
>>18698626
Why do you care so much about politics? Get a hobby.
>>
I am a child free military wife. I know how you feel. Its imporant to have simular beleifs as friends but the trick is to make friends with people who respect your views and decissions. Anyone who does not respect your views is not worthy of being a friend. You can have simular views in moral and not politics so try not to get so hung up on politics being your go to reference. I am a mix for the most part so there are parts I will agree from most political parties. You can try volunteering for the political parties to meet people but most of the people who do that are older.
>>
>objectivism
That's why.
Nobody likes Objectivism except Objectivists. It doesn't work in the real world, much like communism and libertarianism. Ya know how Kmart and Sears are dying? That's why.
My only real suggestion is to temper your views in conversation, and get your fix of good conversation on GreedIsGood.com or whatever forum you guys use.
>>
>>18698626
Sounds like you already found your place at /pol/ man. You recognize that 95% of the nazi shit is just larping and joking around. You also realize that communism is dumb as shit and hate commies; that's basically the only thing that every person on /pol/ can agree on. Realizing that you have your head screwed on right, you should be able to enjoy /pol/ for what it is and look for the few threads where you really can have good, deep discussions about things. Some people get stressed by politics others find it a hobby and a few even have a passion for it. If you're in the first category, maybe, try to hang at /g/ or /diy/ or /out/ more. If you're in the second or third category hang at /news/ and /pol/ more, search out the quality threads and strengthen your positions with actual facts, numbers, statistics, etc. Even if people disagree with you, they will respect you more for being well-read and knowing what you believe and why you believe it.

Also fuck all communists.
>>
>>18698626
This is /adv/ and your post belong in /pol/. We can't make them like you.
>>
>>18698780
Only being objectivity does work in the real world. All the time. There are tons of things that actually are very black and white. Cultural marxism is pushing for the end to objectivity and always has. That's why you see shit like "Oh being gay is genetic, don't judge me. B-b-but people can choose to be gay." It's one or the other, it's not subjective. Hedonism and the end of objectivity go hand and hand and it's not healthy for any society, never has been, just like communism. The fact that you don't even understand the things happening around you is just sad desu desu.
>>
File: Lawful Good.jpg (81KB, 459x597px) Image search: [Google]
Lawful Good.jpg
81KB, 459x597px
Don't like Ayn Rand, but empathize on other points. The fact is you won't make any headway with anyone who thinks communism isn't a horrible concept even on paper, or that the Drumpf shit is funny. So instead you enact your freedom of association, and keep them at a significant distance.

You may however find people you may be able to talk to in surprising places. A friend of mine is an extroverted party girl who occasionally dabbles in hard drug use. Her actual views are quite different from what I was originally expecting.
>>
>>18698780
I don't get why people hate objectivism. Are people really that stupid to hate it?
>>
>>18698794
Objectivism, capital 'O', and objectivity are completely different things.
>>18698807
It espouses an incredibly selfish way of thinking, while humans are fiercely social. I apologize for the reductio ad
absurdum, but Objectivism is sociopolitical equivalent of 'fuck you, I got mine.'
>>
Basically you just learn not to talk about politics to most people. I'm pretty similar to you and routinely get annoyed on social media by most politicsposting so I just hide posts from that source and eventually I stop having as many.

I have a girlfriend who is definitely more left leaning than me but we recognise that we have similar morals and sometimes politics isnt everything.

Definitely stay away from people who speak of nothing BUT politics.
>>
>>18698818
What's wrong with saying "fuck you, I've got mine" again, exactly? If someone's not actively working towards making things more difficult for you (which objectivism doesn't teach) then what's wrong with someone working, collecting, saving their own resources and then telling you to fuck off when you try to reach into their pocket? Nothing? Oh, ok.
>>
>>18698914
Negative externalities.
"I've got mine" might include something like actual mining; in which case 'finders keepers' is actually somewhat accepted.
The "fuck you" part then logically includes 'and now you have cancer, because the mining process releases toxic shit into the groundwater'.

No individual miner personally gave any specific person cancer, no. In fact, the individual effects of such activities might be very minor. But a bunch of mines in the same area using the same processes can give a lot of people cancer, and unless there's some aspect of your economic process that resolves that, it's a pretty shitty situation.
>>
I feel you OP. People these days can't separate their political beliefs with their identity, which is sad. Different opinions are seen as attacks. Don't even get me stared on indoctrinated college kids.
>>
>>18698914
Aaaaand that's why nobody likes Objectivists.
>>
File: gaay.png (9KB, 423x319px) Image search: [Google]
gaay.png
9KB, 423x319px
>>18698626
Objectivists tend not to have friends; try being more Rothbardian
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.