[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The value of humor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: theater-masks-small.jpg (17KB, 400x361px) Image search: [Google]
theater-masks-small.jpg
17KB, 400x361px
What does humor mean to you? I have to do a presentation on the topic and I just wanted to know what it mean for other people. How you use it, how it helps. Thanks in advance.
>>
Humor is important. With humans doomed to work a good chunk of their lives and a large chunk of the rest of the time sleeping, good humor is hard to find/run into and so it really helps quality of life to be able to be clever and come up with jokes/references that make people smile.

Not many people can do that. It's a gift/talent. It's not even as simple as coming up with something objective. It's knowing where you are, who you're talking to, whether the moment is appropriate. I make my wife laugh a lot and this is one of the key elements that draw us to each other. I always tell her about the scene in "who framed Roger Rabbit" where the detective asks Jessica Rabbit what she saw in Roger. She said "He makes me laugh". It was retardedly simple.

You can't buy humor. You're lucky if you run into it and if you find it somewhere you have to take advantage while it's there. Movies are short and TV shows run out, but funny people really just constantly keep coming with funny shit because their personality stays the same.
>>
File: Ylyl_336419_5513915.jpg (91KB, 646x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ylyl_336419_5513915.jpg
91KB, 646x720px
I think I learn a lot more from a presentation that's partly funny or otherwise interesting than just full of important things.
>>
>>18698468
Here's one I've got for you: my girlfriend uses humor as a defense mechanism against trauma.

She was sexually abused as a child, but she found when she became able to joke about it (horrible edgy inappropriate jokes, but ones she found genuinely funny all the same) it helped her cope with the trauma. It minimized the damage a little because she could laugh at it. And she's exactly the same today. We've been dealing with a miscarriage in the last month or so. She's still pretty broken up about it, but I know she's on the mend because she made a "be nice to me I'm miscarrying" joke by sheer instinct to one of her colleagues. I thought it was hilarious because I'm kinda fucked up too, but the colleague not so much.

But there you go, that's an important way some people use humor, as therapy.
>>
>>18698584
I'm with this anon here. Ive done a little research into comedy and it always comes back to a therapeutic way of dealing with issues. Whether that's everyday things everyone goes through for relatability or dark humor to cleanse the minds of us who've been through the ringer but can come out the other end laughing. Comedians are also moral detectives, it shows us how blurry and malleable morality can be and what ohr boundaries as people are.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.