[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have I Become Jaded to Relationships?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: relationships.jpg (92KB, 600x432px) Image search: [Google]
relationships.jpg
92KB, 600x432px
Dating a great girl for about 2 months
I feel like I am going through the motions of a relationship.
Granted, I feel great around her and I'm developing feelings for her, but I honestly feel like I'm just going through the motions of a relationship and sometimes just feel like I'm faking it till I make it, you know?
All my relationships ranged from 2 to 8 years and I guess I just feel like this one will end someday too, so maybe I'm guarding a part of myself? I did wait about a year before I started dating again for this girlfriend and I do have wonderful moments with her and feel things but there is just always this nagging feeling deep down that no matter how great it is, how close I become to her friends and family, how ingrained our lives become, I'll just have to repeat the steps again, eventually.

Does anyone know if this goes away eventually? This is the first time in my life that I've enjoyed something but also felt like this. Any advice would be appreciated.
>>
>>18698394

depends on why your past relationships ended and how.
>>
Doubt is a natural feeling to have when feeling love towards someone. You always have to expect the worst & hope for the best. It seems like you truly like this girl & your relationship sounds healthy but don't think it'll end up like your past relationships. Comparing & dreading from the past will only bring negativity in yourself & your relationship. Hope this helps my dude. Best of luck.
>>
>>18698394
Ever heard of the Honeymoon Phase?
You need a clear anchor to get past the transition.
>>
>>18698400
They just ended because the girl grew tired of a long relationship, had a 20 or 30 something year old crisis, or had to reinvent their lives.

>>18698403
Thanks man. Yeah, this is honestly probably the healthiest relationship I've ever had. We have both been very open, know what we both want with our lives, and so fourth. Thanks, man, I'll try to stop dreading what could be and start focusing on what I have right now. Hopefully I can do that.
>>
>>18698411
Please explain the clear anchor statement?
>>
File: shit.jpg (217KB, 601x598px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
217KB, 601x598px
I feel that way sometimes as well, I think you might be putting too much pressure on things to move forward, tell her you want to slow down if you'd like. No need to rush things man, feel it out, do what feels good in the moment and let things come naturally through inspiration, not because that would seem like the appropriate motion to go through at this point

We need to be able to slow down be present and appreciate where we're at to be inspired, meditation is good for this
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.