[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What keeps you going?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 12

File: 1342144903509.jpg (9KB, 173x167px) Image search: [Google]
1342144903509.jpg
9KB, 173x167px
I don't feel suicidal, but often feel like my life is boring and purposeless, and I don't know what to do. What keeps you guys moving forward?
>>
Hoping I'll get laid
>>
>>18698031
the next episode of my favorite anime
>>
A morbid curiosity for what the future will bring, good and bad.
>>
And of course I wasted another evening on the computer. I'm 25 and the best years of my life are slipping by.
>>
>>18698031
you should be looking for things that make you feel the opposite of bored and pointless. one day you will die, whether you want to or not, and all you've have is your experiences.
>>
>>18698031
My mom. That's it. It would destroy her if I killed myself. My life is empty, but I keep hanging on for her.
>>
>>18698049
They're not the best years of your life because you aren't capable of making them the best. Your best years haven't come yet until you're capable of creating them.
>>
I quite literally count the days till I see my friend again. I might have actually killed myself if I never met her when I did.
>>
>>18698070
I'd be grounded if I killed my self
>>
File: 1491678679398.gif (971KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1491678679398.gif
971KB, 500x380px
>>18698031
A constant drive to be better than everyone else due to abandonment issues and fear of dieing without acheiving anything.

I am already better than my mom
Don't have a dad but now i need to be better than my uncle,then my aunt etc until i am better than everyone i know.
I REFUSE TO BE TREATED LIKE A CHILD!!!
also having a job and hobbies keeps me occupied.
Setting small goals that i can achieve within a reasonable time frame etc.
>>
>>18698084
Same here.
>>
I feel like my life is a work in progress and eventually I might be happy with it. For now it sucks and I'm trying to break up the college->work->sleep routine.
>>
File: 20170906_235235.jpg (4MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20170906_235235.jpg
4MB, 4128x3096px
This is all that keeps me fighting the years
>>
>>18698031
I won't be a piece of shit who abandons his kids
>>18698565
Buddhist?
>>
File: Nazi-spurdo.png (57KB, 309x433px) Image search: [Google]
Nazi-spurdo.png
57KB, 309x433px
>>18698031
I intend to mantle Adolf Hitler and free my people from the rule of EU, and international debt slavery.
My land shall be purged of not only the foreign scum littering our streets, but also the traitors opened our gates to those scum, and brought us into this cancerous union.
That goal is what drives me forward.
>>
File: epc7sm2p372y.jpg (59KB, 560x575px) Image search: [Google]
epc7sm2p372y.jpg
59KB, 560x575px
>>18698635
Then go and do something right now. Join the Dutch or German military and make that future military coup a reality.
>>
>>18698031
>What keeps you going
Nothing, I try to avoid thinking about it.
>>
>>18698031
>What keeps you going?
Dopamine
It feels like being on cocaine, I feel like I can achieve anything want.
How do I get dopamine?
I take Vitamin D 4000IU a day + Magnesium + K2. If I don't I sleep all day.
>>
>>18698565
LDR?
>>
>>18698071
This. Many say until the 20s it's the best years of their lives because they have no responsabilities and "have their entire lives ahead of them", so they have the illusion of having freedom or being happy. The reality is, if you don't make them your best years, they are just normal years but with no responsabilities to account for, and sooner than later they say "my best years have gone by".
Your best years are yet to come, you'll have to mature enough to make them so and balance it with daily life necessities.
>>
File: anti suicide gf.png (11KB, 401x402px) Image search: [Google]
anti suicide gf.png
11KB, 401x402px
>>18698031
>>
Money, music, pot, and the people I love.
>>
>>18698934
I am neither dutch or german, and a military coup is unfeasible solution right now, given the dismal state of national consciousness within my homeland. The task I intend to take upon myself, is the revival of the national sentiment, to make every Finn feel like he and she is a FINN first and foremost, and that we owe absolutely nothing to non-Finns. This is our homeland, and it should always be our homeland, for the future of our people depends on it.
>>
I think that what keeps me going is the idea that this girl I'm chasing hasn't officially rejected me yet even though it's pretty clear she doesnt like me, so dating her is still my life goal.
I have other projects but I barely work on them. I also want to see Star Wars Episode 8 even though The Force Awakens was THE worst movie experience I've ever had and the new Star Wars is fucking horrible and was emotionally scarring for an Expanded Universe fan as myself.
Also I'm afraid of death and I don't want to hurt my parents since I'm their only son, even though my parents aren't terribly great (but they could have been much worse, can't really complain).
>>
File: 1499798253219.jpg (55KB, 500x754px) Image search: [Google]
1499798253219.jpg
55KB, 500x754px
fucking women desu desu
>>
>>18698031
Nothing is keeping me going, I'm not suffering but I'm not enjoying life, I'm just living for the sake of living, plus you know, why waste a hot body like mine, maybe a girl can enjoy it one day
>>
The knowledge that stopping will make things worse, like if I stop going to work it means less money and fewer social interactions. Or on a more basic level, if I stop working out I'm going to feel low on energy, or even more basic, if I stop eating I'm going to feel hungry and weak and thirsty if I stop drinking etc.
>>
It would cost my family thousands and put them in debt if I did kms,even death isnt free...I picked up a skill to hang on to afew years ago and its keep me occupied,something I can put in a resume that can lead me to places where creative/art people are and I can work alongside them without be art person myself too bad I'm not good yet.
>>
>>18698624
>>18698989
It was gift from a person who means a lot to me, though she is gone now.
>>
File: jollyfucker.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
jollyfucker.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
>>18698031
Money, vacations, my house, my car, good aged liquor, pussy
>>
File: IMG_20170907_222247_551.jpg (53KB, 720x651px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170907_222247_551.jpg
53KB, 720x651px
My cat
>>
>>18698031
This happens to me often OP. I pick up a new hobby whenever I start to get bored. We live in a golden age for this, as access to information is so readily available, that it is very easy to pick up new hobbies
>>
All of these motives and ambitions really inspire me, thank you for all of the gratitude you bastards.
>>
Anime and sad sad tunes, normie memes, and super smash bros 4.
>>
>>18698070
Same. I'd ruin my parents marriage basically and since they are already such a rare minority that managed to only be married once I'm not gonna fuck something that pure up.
If I still feel like shit after they kick it in 30-40 or so years I'll go join them. I think my sister would be able to handle it eventually, but I suppose I'd have to see on that since I'm sure it would suck to lose the last immediate member of your family.
My parents should have just stopped at one kid.
>bc then I wouldn't have been born
>>
Drugs and chicks
>>
A hunger for knowledge to fill an insatiable void of inferiority.
>>
File: gunfu.gif (609KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
gunfu.gif
609KB, 300x200px
>>18698031
Short term goals one after another until I die of old age or natural causes.

Graduate college this semester
Get Job
Move into a single apartment because I want to return home without a spoonful of butter in the god damn sink
Lose weight and find those abs

Thats about it. Live life for now basically.
>>
I'm convinced things will eventually "get better". Its been over ten years since I first thought it might happen and every month that goes by that things are the same I lose hope.
>>
Gotta make it to my friend's wedding. A wedding ain't no place for a eulogy.

Then I gotta make sure my sister grows up nice and healthy, despite some rough beginnings.

Gotta wait for my mother to die, because I'd basically kill her if I killed myself.

That's about all I got.
>>
File: 1496902290310.jpg (145KB, 864x924px) Image search: [Google]
1496902290310.jpg
145KB, 864x924px
Mysticism i.e. a deep sense and skepticism of the great mystery, the unexplained, and the unknowable

A thirst for transformative experiences
>>
maybe someday someone just as sweet as her will love me just like she did
>>
The fear of being forgotten with no one remembering even a slip of my name or what I had done.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.