[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I owe my parent for taking care of my until I was 22, even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1420598634703.jpg (179KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1420598634703.jpg
179KB, 1600x1067px
Do I owe my parent for taking care of my until I was 22, even if she was abusive and preventing me from becoming independent almost the entire time?
>>
She did what parents are supposed to do, which is take care od their children. Parents who mentally tally up a debt are assholes. You should take care of your parents in their age and when their health is failing, but you don't "owe" them, especially if they're abusive.

This is an abuse tactic to keep you around and under their control.
>>
>>18697975
This
>>
Pay it forward. You owe your parents grandchildren. That's how it works.

But you owe it to your parents, yourself, and everyone else to stop bitching about "abuse" unless they actually starved, tortured, or sexually molested you.
>>
>>18697938
how did SHE prevent YOU from becoming independent?
>>
Some parents are stupid. Some parents are drunk. Some parents are mentally retarded from the cocaine they abused just before you were born.

Play with the hand you were dealt.
>>
>>18697938
I grew up with an abusive mother and have by now severed any ties I had with her, which has greately improved my quality of live.

You don't owe your parent anything. You only owe yourself.

If you live in a country where psychologists or councellors are covered by your health care, then I would suggest taking a few sessions.
>>
>>18698018
If you think that there is no way to verbally abuse a child, especially over the entire course of growing up and that abuse comming from a parent, which is suppossed to exect the exact opposite role, than you are one big fucking moron.
Pull your head out of your own ass, once in a while. Would you?
>>
>>18697938

it depends on what you are classifying as abuse and >>18698025 this.
>>
When someone gives you life you owe them nothing anyone who has kids for the purpose of someone taking care of them when are old are selfish. If you want to help someone because you want to its up to you. You did not ask to be born therefore you can not be forced to live a role, no one owns life. If less people thought this way of "owing" there be less asshole parents creating a cycle of assholery. Besides the fact its nurses who care for them when they are old.
>>
>>18697938
If i had parents like that, I'd probably pay them one lump sum as "repayment" for the food/shelter/etc and never go back.
>>
Not OP but my mother used to beat me with a metal rod or bamboo stick and verbally abuse me. This happened all through my childhood until I was 16. This happened very often and she said she did it because I was being a bad kid. I wasn't a bad kid either but I don't know what to do now. I'm 23 and I took shrooms a couple of months back. At the start of the trip I had an insane trauma and I had voices belittling me which reminded me of my mother. Those words and voices just made me hate who I am, but near the end of the trip I cried for 3 hours because of how much I loved my family even though I grew up with an abusive mother. After the trip the feelings of resentment was no more but as of recent I've been depressed and my head hurts so much. I've never felt this depressed and these feelings reminds me of when I was abused. Should I seek professional help? I'm not on any medication if this helps.
>>
>>18698243

>muh hurt feelings :^(

grow the fuck up, pussy
>>
>>18697938

owe her what?
>>
>>18698480
Around certian times of the year when I had trauma happen to me I find my anxiety and flash backs sky rocket. I take medical weed now and are in search of a therapist but I keep getting narcasstic ones who are cruel and have no interest in helping people learn how to cope. If you can find a good therapist I really reccomend it. If you are not comfortable with seeking help yet try weed with mostly CBD it is far better than pills.I found pills only made me numb which is the worst thing you can do with someonewith PTSD. With PTSD when jts bad your senses are going wild I found the only thing that brings me back is focusing on one sense like smell to get me out. The CBD is good because it relaxes anxiety without numbing your senses.
>>
>>18698018

You're the worst kind of person.

Really, you owe your parents nothing, OP. There is nothing you asked to borrow, nothing you asked to repay. They made the choice to donate to you. It'd be like if you donated to the Salvation Army and came back years later demanding the value of your used clothes back in cash.

It is a GOOD thing if you can help your parents, if they deserve it, but they shouldn't have you as an insurance policy. If they want a caretaker, they should buy an insurance policy.
>>
>>18698495
I recently quit pot. I was a regular smoker for about 1 year but whenever I smoke as of recent I would feel disgusted and had a strong urge to blow my head off because of the head pain. Weed is just different now and my previous experiences of smoking weed was never like this. But thanks for the advice, I found it was helpful talking to someone about my story.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.