[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coping with the thought of death

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 2

I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people here with this problem, but it's affecting my everyday life.

To start out, I've always had this fear of death. I mean, debilitating fear. I guess it started around middle school (22 now). Every time I would think about my future, I would think about growing old, and then start to think about death. Usually it just made me uneasy, but often times I would start getting tunnel vision. My heart would start racing, and I would feel like I can't breathe. This would happen out of nowhere if I just started to daydream or imagine anything. I just sort of learned to get over it and ignore it.

Come about two weeks ago, my grandfather passed away, whom I was really close to. Now ever since, I think about death every day, almost every hour. I know death is just part of life, but it's really putting a strain on my everyday life. I can't focus on school work or my job. I can't even focus on my hobbies anymore, as I'll just start hyperventilating and freak out. I feel like I'm on this miniscule time limit that will shut my conscious off. Reality just seems surreal to me now, and fake. I just don't know if I should just continue to ignore it, or should I seek some sort of help.
>>
File: 1503304607332.jpg (64KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1503304607332.jpg
64KB, 960x960px
>>18697858
Ah, thanatophobia. My old friend.

Yes, you should seek some sort of help, as in a therapist. Talk to a therapist before you see a psychiatrist and get any medications. (not that there is anything wrong with medications) Thanatophobia isn't something that should be taken lightly, and certainly isn't something you should take on by yourself.

In my case the condition stemmed from a big change in my life, "coming of age" is the second most common trigger for it, the first being your situation - a close death. Outside of that there a bunch of different causes and more elaborate factors that come into play, which is what a therapist will help you get to the root of and help you solve or confront.

Good luck
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.