[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get people to stop showing up to my house uninvited?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

So, before I start, spare me your "you should hang out with them" stuff or "your dad is right".

Basically, I have one friend in particular who shows up unannounced to my house regularly. He went away to college for awhile, then it stopped, and whenever he's in town he'll pull in and knock and try and get me to hang out. Here's the thing; 90 percent of the time I DON'T WANT TO FUCKING HANG OUT. He's does it at least 20 times in the past year and it's nearly the same result every time, yet he persists. When he did it for the first few times, I was like "hey, if you could just give me a call or text or something before you come over, that'd be great." And he has completely ignored this. I told him to do this a few times and he hasn't done it since. He'll show up at like 10 in the morning, or basically any other time up until about 8 pm. It fucking pisses me off. And he can not. take. no. for. an. answer. I say, "Naw I don't feel like it." He'll go "Come onnnn." Or he'll give me the puppy dog eyes and try and make me feel bad about not wanting to.

This is compounded by my dad. Whenever he comes here and my dad is here, he'll encourage him to come in, chat, and then when he asks me to hang out, he basically makes me hang out with him, or will argue about it if I refuse. This has happened multiple times now.
>>
>>18697236
Recently, he and one of my friends that's a girl stopped by, unannounced to my house. This was AFTER they messaged me asking to hang out and I said no. I chatted em up a bit, trying not to be rude, and they asked if we could chill later. Gave em a MAYBE. They left, I was busy with other stuff and they were blowing up my shit, and I said I was doing stuff, then I said my other friend left (I usually only like to hang with one person at a time) and they were trying to come over again. Before I could reach them they pulled in my drive way, AGAIN, at like 11 at night, both walk to my door "can we stay?" "No sorry" girl stomps off angirly "I drove 30 minutes to get here..." gets in her car and leaves. Like it's my fault you didn't know if you could come over, so you came over anyway and couldn't stay? So now this fucker is having OTHER people do the same shit.

I really don't want to be rude about this guys. I don't mind hanging out with him every once in awhile, but this is going too far, and is also really fucking annoying. What do?
>>
You have two options

>Tell him to fuck off because it annoys you and you don't always feel like hanging out
or
>Ignore him completely

Your choice, there is no other way. Might have to do both.

The reason he keeps coming to your house is because you keep answering the door and he gets what he wants.
>>
He has you pegged as a bitch, dude. He doesn't think you're gonna stand up for yourself. Tell him to fuck off unless he's trying to make plans.
>>
>>18697236
This happened to me because I live alone and let them smoke weed in my house, play videogames and shit.

Make sure you're not giving them something they desperately want. Or maybe you're just a good friend.
>>
He's cheating on you op, break it off now
>>
>>18697545
Well there's actually reasons I think he's doing this that I haven't disclosed. Basically I had a drug problem and had a mental break and I don't "go out" a lot so I think he's trying to get me to go out and do stuff both because he's bored, a friend, and because he wants to "help" me.
>>
>>18697515
This is ignoring one factor; my dad. I still live at home, so if he shows up when my dad is here, my dad will make me go talk to him, and again, make me hang out or get mad if I don't. How do I stop that?

Also have ignored the door, ignored him on the phone, ignored him on facebook to no avail.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.