[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain to me this whole DACA thing? I have a few

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: indifferent-pepe-large.png (672KB, 906x799px) Image search: [Google]
indifferent-pepe-large.png
672KB, 906x799px
Can someone explain to me this whole DACA thing?

I have a few friends who are here from Vietnam. One who's been here since age nine, and going to dental school. Another who's been here longer and finally became a civil engineer. And a third who's only been here for a couple years, but is here for medical school. And I'm very much concerned for them.
>>
TL;DR

Anchor babies paying for their parents mistake.
>>
>>18697164
Did they come here illegally?
>>
>>18697199
Doesn't sound like it to me, but I never really asked for the details.
>>
>>18697205
Well if they are here legally, nothing is going to happen.
>>
On the surface it's a program that protected the children of illegal immigrants that brought them over at a young age from deportation. The reasoning behind it is that the "dreamers" aka the children of said illegal immigrants didn't have much of a choice in the matter and are basically doing their best to live here. Think of it like an extended visa of sorts. In order to qualify the "dreamers" needed to show they are productive members of society aka not NEETS and not have criminal records.

Below the surface is where the real arguments lie. Economically for example, it can be argue that these illegal children are suppressing wages through increased competition and taking educational slots and financial aid that should be for legal citizens(i.e. legal tax payer subsidized tuition and financial aid for legal academic scholars). The real issue I think, is that politically it basically set them on a path for legal status which would be adding a million more voters potentiallly to the democratic party as well as a pathway for many more illegals to get citizenship.

Basically, democrats want more voters and are paradoxically arguing that these dreamers provide nothing more than cheap blue collar labor but at the same time are highly educated while the republicans see them as competition that shouldn't be here in the first place and are taking opportunities from the legal lower classes and at the same time illegally increasing potential democratic voters by a massive amount which would mean political suicide.
>>
>>18697164
>>18697205
As for your concerns it depends on what their legal status is and what their involvment with DACA is. The first on the chopping block are probably criminals and the like but due to the nature of the DACA being essentially a huge list they are a ripe target for deportation. Hilariously this is one of the prime argument conservative gun owners who are against gun registries namely all it takes is for one political regime change to use said information against them.
>>
>>18697164
They're probably not illegal, therefore nothing will happen to them.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.