[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Renting a room?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: Renting.png (100KB, 300x244px) Image search: [Google]
Renting.png
100KB, 300x244px
Long story short /adv/, I just found a job, and I need to move to a different city and find a room there to rent. That said, I'm very nervous, since this is going to be the first time that I've done anything like this. Leaving the family nest, and all that.
I'm mainly concerned about having housemates. I'm 28, and I did live with about ~5 people during my time in college, in dorms. It was mostly fine, except for 1 guy during second year who cared very little about personal hygiene and stuff, and I just had to move the hell out of there. The rest of them were okay.

Anyway. I don't really feel like I want to live with anyone. I mean, it's not like I can afford renting a house by myself, but still. I feel like that time of my life - with people blasting loud music, watching tv in the background, sharing bathrooms, having to carefully tiptoe around not to bother anyone is over.
I also find silence very important and people being noisy in general fucking drives me up the wall. The other thing is, as I grew older, I guess I also grew more distrustful. Rooming with other students is one thing, but rooming with random people seems really scary.
On the other hand, I did like a lot of my roommies, and I did enjoy spending time with them. And living alone seems....lonely. And sad. A bit scary too.

What should I do?
>>
Suck it up and live with roommates? You said it yourself, you can't afford to live on your own, so what choice do you have?
>>
>>18697166
Not much. I guess I could go to work by bus, but that would mean a 2 hours long commuting session every single day. But I feel like that is inhumane.
>>
You've cohabited with others and mostly liked it. Go do it again. Move in with your girlfriend instead, once applicable/available. Virtually nothing you can do will save you more money than sharing rent.

If you really, really don't want to do that, and can't afford to rent a house, rent an appartment instead. WTF do you even need a house for, if you live all alone.

If an appartment is also out of your price range, look for ever smaller appartments until finding one you can afford, or until you must conclude that having a roommate is literally your only choice. What kind of bullshit job did you get? You must be able to afford _something_ if its worth moving for.

Having roommates can be a huge advantage when first arriving in a new city, because they multiply your social contacts. I regret not having had some when I went to Uni.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.