[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Issues at home

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1490391489327.jpg (29KB, 402x397px) Image search: [Google]
1490391489327.jpg
29KB, 402x397px
M/19
Dad drinks and calls me names, denies the fact that he does it, just like my Mum-- she makes me feel insecure about my body, yet I have an amazing, loving partner who tells me I'm beautiful, kind, etc. But, I can't help but feel like I'm nothing what she says; my parents say 'I think I know everything' and such, and they call me arrogant each time I try to stand up to them. My siblings also treat me like asshole, call me names, too... I'm not a complete dickhead, I don't think I am anyway :^)
Any advice on how to help my parents come to a sensical conclusion on how to treat me equally?
>>
kill them
>>
>>18697156
Wow, thanks
>>
Your Dad is an Alcoholic, your mother is codependet or/and has a full blown mental issue herself, they are verbally putting you down and then deny it ever happening - a common tactic of emotional abuse in dysfunctional families, leaving me certain even from your short description that your family is, indeed, dysfunctional. Families of alcoholics are prime textbook examples for such damaged family systems.

Read up (google) on dysfunctional families, their common patterns and the roles the children can fulfill in these families - you'll almost certainly identify with one of them.

There is no way to make your parents come to sensical conclusions. There is no way to *really* help them and fix your family. If you feel obliged to "help" them, as many children do in such circumstances, stop feeling like that. They'll deny that anything is wrong with them. It will accomplish nothing except hurting you more. Fixing them is beyond your power.

Here is my advice: GTFO. Build your own social network of functional human beings. You have an amazing partner, so you've got at least some things going for you.

Learn about the patterns. Learn how it hurts you, learn to fend off damage. Don't let it get to you. Decide to be healthy instead.

Godspeed, Anon.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.