[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1455739600776.jpg (77KB, 600x801px) Image search: [Google]
1455739600776.jpg
77KB, 600x801px
I finished university a couple of months ago with a politics degree (so not very useful) and need to get a job. Problem is though that I've never had one before, never applied to anything before, never cared about future work prospects or ever been ambitious.

How can I go about getting a job? Where do I look? What expectations should I have? How do I make my CV decent despite having never done anything?

Halp. Any advice is appreciated. Also, I live in Europe not the US in case that changes anything.
>>
>>18696613
Why the fuck did you get a political dagree is it wasn't useful. You might as well spent your time jerking off to anime girls. Seriously wtf was going through your mind while in university? Why waste precious time on bullshit your not even going to use? You don't even have job experience!
>>
>>18696634
Because that was the only thing I was interested in doing at the time. Also, I did spend all my time jerking off to anime girls but at least I don't have any debts. Anyway, mistakes have been made and what's done is done. I want to move forwards but definitely need advice in doing so.
>>
If you feel like your cv needs filler then hop on it now. Do some volunteer work in something you think is important, you'll have time to mark down and you'll meet people who can help you find more related stuff
>>
>>18696693
You didn't do any internships?
>>
>>18696804
Not one. I'll be the first to admit that I haven't played life well up until now and that's why I'm in the situation I'm in. I've got to try and unstick myself though.

>>18696787
I might look into volunteer work, that's not a bad idea. Is it more or less pointless to try and start a career/get a serious job in my situation though?
>>
>>18696854
It's almost never too late my friend, to my thinking it's better not to get lost in looking to the end. What matters is meeting people, being productive and happy. Don't worry about careers cumulating 20 years from now. Just be active today
>>
>>18696867
Thanks. Part of my problem is being productive and happy aren't things that I've done in a very long time. I guess I'm kind of hoping that a job, apart from needing one for the money, will force me to at least become productive.
>>
>>18696613
Gas stations, maybe? I'm about to get a job there. Rotation is large because it's minimal wage and job is boring.
Funny thing that when I grabbed the job other jobs around popped up, too. Like the universe fucks with you in some way.

Got no college and I will probably fuck up my current course, apathy sucks.
>>
>>18696998
>apathy sucks.
That it does my friend.

I don't think that it'd be a good idea for me to try and get a job like that (though I might have to). I'd like to start a career at some point and I'm worried that kind of thing would just prevent me from working to get anything else.
>>
>>18697011
You gotta get few years under your belt in shit jobs to get somewhere, at least I think so.

Two older guys who got into politics/administration were a cook and miner who went to college a bit later, while young girl who does second or third course still goes around reading water counters.

Gotta learn to deal with people, after all. Don't forget to smile.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.