[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GED vs Diploma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: presslike.jpg (46KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
presslike.jpg
46KB, 1280x720px
What's the true difference?
The only thing I can tell is that GED is basically a diploma for lazy people. Is there any TRUE disadvantages / advantages?
>>
>>18696552

the only advantage of a GED is getting it before you turn 18. if you get a GED before you turn 18 its usually because you're too advanced for high school and are already on your way to college. a GED started off as a good idea for everyone involved but it quickly became a joke, a test you could study for with juat a weeks notice and pass all of high school with. its better than nothing, but if you are a regular teenager just go get your diploma.

unless your 15 and think you can test out of it.
>>
File: 1503986280837.jpg (212KB, 859x839px) Image search: [Google]
1503986280837.jpg
212KB, 859x839px
>>18696552
I got a degree and still can't find a job.
>>
>>18696558
Noted. My little cousin wants to get out of school early and there's a testing location nearby, but he's afraid of being called a "loser" for having a GED.
>>18696561
Damn, that's rough
>>
>>18696570

>hes afraid of being called a loser for having a GED

well whats his plan once he gets it? if he just plans to enter the entry level work force indefinitely, then yeah thats bound to happen. hes not really going to be getting a head start on life that way because he'll be just forced to work and missing out on al the good social activities for a kid his age.

if hes planning to apply for college, then tell him to get his GED but still remain in school, and apply for those colleges. he should be sure to call and check that they do accept underage people with GEDs trying to get a head start in life.

if they do then he should take the GED, but continue going to school while he waits to hear back from colleges. if he does not, then he should continue going to school the following year as well.
>>
I don't have either and I've never been asked about it.
>>
>fucked around in 11th grade
>failed that year because I didn't get a measly 3 credits
>forced to graduate in the following January instead of May
>friends are all gone
>call me retarded for having to do an extra 4 months
>forced to choose between a GED and diploma

I gritted my teeth and just got the diploma. Dug my grave and laid in it.
>>
I basically managed to drop out in 8th grade by abusing the homebound system and umbrella homeschooling programs. I did literally no school work and forged my grades in the program because my parents were too busy to care. At 16 I got my GED and scored almost perfectly, highest in the state that year is what they said but I got nothing for it. For me, it was easy stuff, middle school level, but I also spent my years out of school actually learning things that interested me, not fucking around.
Only once have I ever had to specify whether I had a GED or HSD and that was when I started college.

Tl;dr: If you are going to actually make something of yourself then go for GED, if you are going to smoke weed and play vidya then just stay in school.

Funny note, I still don't know how to divide on paper, I do it all in my head, even all the way through trig in college.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.