[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Running out of time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0193.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0193.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I feel like once you turn 30, you are dead. I am 26 now and have not experienced a relationship. I am really bugged by it because I feel it is stunting my growth as a human.

I honestly feel cursed. I get regularly ghosted by women. Especially women who I talk to from online dating sites. I feel like I am just not given a chance.

The average American loses their virginity by like 17.4 years old. I am 26. 30 is rapidly approaching and I have no experience. It seems like a endless cycle.

I am more discouraged by women constantly ghosting me because I never get to find out what I am doing wrong.
>>
>>18696343
You're not running out of time.
>>
>I feel like once you turn 30 you are dead

Nigga your fucking life only starts around your late 20's to 30's.
>>
You aren't dead once you turn 30, but opportunities to create new social encounters start to decrease because you've done school, you've done college or university, you've done several random jobs/city moves, you've done a few of those hobbies you always said you'd start doing and now you are in for the long grind maybe in one or two places in one or two roles with the same groups of people.

This isn't a problem in itself, but it means you might have to work harder to create fresh opportunities than you would have previously had to. Also other people are reaching a similar point and starting to decide they are ok with their group of close friends or they are into starting or have started families.

So not only is it going to be harder to meet women both directly and through the numbers game where your wider social network helps you to meet women, you'll also have less going on in life and women generally are attracted to what is going on with your life because lets face it, who the hell wants to shack up with a boring turd who never leaves the house and has only 2 friends both from high school. If that is the 'real' you then great, but your dating pool is now a puddle.
>>
>>18696367
It's obvious you are barely an adult since you have zero clue about what life is like in your 30s.
>>
>>18696358
This is the truth. Only retarded know-it-all teenagers think otherwise.
>>
>>18696367
The way your life is has nothing to do with age, but opportunities. I know guys I work with who are 30+ and they go clubbing, they meet girls all the time, they meet new people at events and do many of the things people in their early 20's do. 30 is not old at all, 50 is when you can say you're old.
>>
Honestly, being 30 sucks if you are basically still a high schooler.

Me for example, I still feel like I am 17 and I am late 20s now. I feel like I haven't changed. I still play video games and shit. My issue is that I don't feel like an adult. Being an adult sucks ass. Not once have I said "wow, I'm glad to be independent of my parents right now. " not once. Being independent is aids. I have to do so much dumb shit. Like I actually get mail now that I have to look at. Getting mail sucks ass.
>>
I'm 25 and I feel like I'm already dead.
No social life, no social experience, obviously no romantic experience whatsoever.
And of course, no job experience, only barely managed to finish highschool.
It just feels like there's no opportunities to experience these things once I'm at this (st)age, like the ship has sailed on these things and if you didn't get on you're stuck here.
Just playing vidya and wanking it all day long untill my mom stops supporting me, at which point I'll shoot up a school.
>>
i only got my first gf at 25, so i don't know if i can claim to be right about this but

don't stress it too much, you're still just a kid desu, i dont think you're even old until you're like 40

i see people hang around in bars at 40, that's sad.

just make it your goal not to end up like that

if you want real advice i don't really know what to tell you except read some books like mark manson's models and that book about winning friends and influencing people (old but still good stuff in it)
>>
>>18696343
Well if you want kids, you're going to want to find a relationship soon. But if you just want to have a happy life with a wife you can grow old with, then you've got plenty of time.
>>
>>18697068
I would want a kid I think. I am scared of babies though. They put me off.
>>
>I never get to find out what I am doing wrong.
if you got to 26 without fucking and have been trying it means you're doing everything wrong
>>
>>18697151
And the list starts with
>lacking the ability to introspect
>>
>>18696343

>23
>virgin
>feeling old as if I'm just a spectator in my own life
>fear is that I'll reach old age and realize that I never really lived, just sat back and watched
>>
>>18697036
>i see people hang around in bars at 40, that's sad.
Why? Do you expect people to disappear once they're 40?
>>
File: beta loser.png (122KB, 1407x207px) Image search: [Google]
beta loser.png
122KB, 1407x207px
>>18696343
>>
A friend of mine recently achieved the rank aof female cavity explorer at the ripe old age of 30. He is now the very opposite of dead. The dating market turns at around 30, suddenly single men will find themselves in a buyers' market. Women lose market value with age. A mans value increases. There are times when it is too early to lose your virginity, but it is never too late as long as you're still alive when it happens.

Stop asking yourself what you're doing wrong, in terms of acting. It is different for every woman. You'll never come to rational conclusions no matter how much you ruminate, don't waste your time. Dating sites are snake pits for _every_ man.

Instead, thoroughly analyze your thought patterns and see if you're stuck in a negative feedback loop. ("I am more discouraged by women constantly ghosting me...", basically "My failure in the past must mean I'm defective, so I can't succeed in the future because I'm defective"). Get out of that loop. How? Simply ignore it. Listen to it, but tell it to f*** itself and don't let it determine your actions. Look at what it tells you to do (like, give up), then do something functional instead (like continuing to approach girls despite terrible odds).

Improve other areas of your life (Job, Hobbies, especially Hobbies involving other people). There is little you can do to directly improve your success with women. Just do it indirectly instead. Ideally you'll even have fun along the way.
>>
>>18696358
True fucking facts. 27 almost 28 reporting in. When I was 26 I was so worried I'd just be fucked and directionless in life forever. I'd had a few relationships but they were bad, like really bad, abusive relationships with landwhales. This year, something clicked and despite the fact that I'm now balding (which took me down quite a bit in terms of confidence) I just... get it. My mindset has changed and people are responding. Younger women are so easy to get it's unfair. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. I fucked a 21 year old within HOURS of meeting her at a show. Later month I took home a different girl each weekend and I had NEVER done anything like that before.

I think a lot of it comes from settling into yourself and just trying to be more effective in life. I know it sounds like just b urself or just b konfident but those things are all oversimplistic euphemisms for what needs to happen within you. Don't try to force the feeling of being confident, but rather try to make a life and mindset for yourself you can feel confident in. I am doing better than I ever have with women, friends, jobs, anything because I just... don't give a FUCK. It's hard to explain; obviously I care about things and hold myself to high standards but in terms of worrying about how I'm perceived by others or apologizing for my actions I don't waste any time on it. This will permeate everything from the way you carry yourself to the way other people conceptualize you. It's the difference between being invisible one day and being told "you have a really nice smile" the next.

A friend of mine mentioned something similar. He called it being "daddy af" which sounds absurd but I think correlates to the feeling of being a confident older man and women responding to it.

OP: continue striving for growth and to be the man you want to be and you will eventually hit your stride. There isn't a shelf life on that. Even Hitler didn't even get into politics til he was 34 man.
>>
>>18697923
Also, just to elborate a little more: I cannot underline how much most of my 26th year was wasted with angst about how it was too late for me, that I was running out of time, etc. I mean i walked through my job like a zombie every day and people kept asking me what was wrong and I wanted to tell them that I felt like my life was over before it started etc. What you are feeling is very common and by no means an accurate reflection of the trajectory of your life.
>>
I'm in my late 20's and have never had a bf. I have really bad social anxiety so it's hard for me to even get out of the house. I had my first drink literally 2 weeks ago with my sister and actually went into a bar. I feel like a freak.
>>
File: 1489265431612.jpg (81KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1489265431612.jpg
81KB, 800x450px
>>18697581
Dis guy righteous with that feedback loop and hobbies advice. Truth. gotta diversify interests like you diversify bonds. Also don't spiral downward. Find something and/or keep looking. Thanks for the piggyback other poster.
Heres a pic for visibility
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.