[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Small talk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 323828.jpg (17KB, 260x249px) Image search: [Google]
323828.jpg
17KB, 260x249px
I have zero social skills, i always depend on other person to start and keep the convo going.
How can people have meaningless talks? i can't even text with a girl, feeling to meaningless to make a mistake. This fear is paralizing.
>>
>>18696279
Stop overthinking, this alone helped my social skills a ton.
>>
>>18696279
Same boat my friend, I can somewhat text a girl because I can make anything a joke, but that's harder to do face to face.
>>
>>18696279
is your goal to be some kind of singing and dancing entertainment monkey?
>>
You have to realize why people make small talk, which isn't to exchange information but to show goodwill and a general human interest in potential further interaction. The sole reason why people do the whole "nice weather today, right" is to acknowledge you as another person, it's like a verbal smile. It also sets a precedent in case you have to interact more with each other, working as social lube, and people use small talk to quickly get an idea of which person they like and would like to invest more in.

Basically, people are expecting you to be polite, interested and doing your share to keep the conversation flowing. Not to dazzle them with your smooth skills. If you are at a loss for what to say, any question relating to what they said works fine. Give them a little prod to keep talking. Also yes experience is key, you cannot become good at this just by trying to understand it alone.
>>
>>18696294
just have friends that aren't other betamales
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.