[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homeless with two small dogs.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1479.jpg (345KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1479.jpg
345KB, 1280x960px
I'm 22. I've recently became homeless due to my mother stealing over a thousand dollars from me while we were getting ready to move. I don't know what to do. These dogs mean everything to me, but I can't stand to see them suffer with me in my car. They don't deserve it.

What I'm asking for, is some sort of advice on what to do. I was offered a place to stay until I get on my feet, but without my dogs. I truly feel like I cannot do that. These dogs are EVERYTHING I have. I've contacted every last friend or family member I have. None of them can help. Even though a lot of them collectively owe me a couple thousand.

I seriously need some sort of real advice, that does not include giving my dogs away. I'm already aware of the option. I want to put them in a boarding house but I can't even afford that shit. 15-30$ a day? Fucking hell.
>>
>>18696232
truth is that you shouldn't have had them to begin with. Dogs, and pets in general, are a responsibility and you clearly don't have the financial stability to deserve them. Give them to an animal shelter and get back on your feet. Next time you think about becoming responsible for a pet, make sure you're financially stable first.
>>
>>18696241

I was financially stable. We were well off. I stopped working to go to police academy, then got injured halfway and had to leave. I had money saved up. But my mother stole it.
>>
>>18696268
clearly you misunderstood what I meant by "financially stable". The definition in this instance can be reasonably understood as: the condition in which one does not end up homeless.
>>
>>18696268
You should have more than $1000 saved. What's that, one months rent/gas/electric? MAYBE groceries if you have a cheap place.

Stop giving people money. Stop loaning money. Stop telling people KNOW you have money.

My mom is similar and she used to try to get me to apply to shitty min wage jobs so I would be poor like her family forever, but instead I did something else and whenever she knew I had money SOMETHING would happen to where I had to give her whatever I had saved up.

Get a new free checking account and don't give your info away. Always do direct deposit and only carry small amounts of cash.

AS FOR YOUR CURRENT SITUATION
Go to a neighborhood center - that shady place that has a cheap clinic for drug addicts and whatever - it's actually a decent place and they will put you on a list. If it's a one time thing they will pay rent for you.

I had to do this once when a boyfriend walked out after moving in and not giving me 30 days notice for rent or bills when he left. I was living month to month and that experience definitely turned the habit around.
>>
>>18696232
There should be a no kill shelter around you. That or you gotta find hippies to take care of them while you get sorted out.

I am so sorry man. Where are you?
>>
WTF is wrong with american families.
I'm a complete loser, jobless NEET at 25, fat lazy slob.
I stole 2k euros from my mom, she found out, but she said it's fine and started giving me an allowance instead so I won't have to do it again.
>>
>>18696232

if they are under 15lb dogs, they dont fucking care about living out of a car. They don't understand they're "homeless" because dogs are a pack and wherever the pack is is home. You're the one stressing about this.

just make sure they get their legs stretched daily, and dont get locked in a hot car. they won't suffer. and you need to get over yourself.

Also, your explanation doesnt make sense here, how was your mother in a position to steal money from you? and why did she?
>>
>>18696357
Wish I was like you. Just moved away from home to grad school. I am so scared
>>
>>18696390
I gave her my card to go pay for the uhaul and the storage units. I didn't check my bank statement afterwards until it had already happened. I'm looking into a way to get her properly repercussed.
>>
>>18696316
I'm in Orlando, fl. I've called three no kill shelters, and they're saying they have no space as of right now.

The other ones I've called didn't even pick up the phone.
>>
>>18696297
I've actually opened a new free checking account and completely closed the old one. Kept all records of the transactions she did. Going to report her when I get better situated.
>>
As another anon already stated, the dog doesn't care that it's living out of a car.

A dog that lives in a mansion but is left alone all day with no one to play with or interact with is worse off than your dog living out of a car.

If you're that desperate, use Rover to contact some sitters that are willing to house a dog for free (I'm sure a few would be willing to-your dogs are cute)
>>
Go to reddit and go to the subreddit /r/vandwellers
>>
>>18696767
No shit they dont. If you haven't seen the news, there is a little storm coming.

Keep them for now. Evacuate. Then start doing some construction work when it all blows over. To make your self some money.
>>
>>18698037

this.
GTFO of florida, head north and dont look back for a while if ever.

This hurricane is over 70% likely to just drag up the coastline dumping water as a cat4 hurricane for almost 2 days. Escape now.
>>
California here, wish I could help. I went through a similar situation where my mom was trying to abandon my cats in the middle of no where. I got 2 of them adopted and the rest to a shelter. Good on you for taking care of your dogs. Best of luck.
>>
>>18696268
>>18696232
Report your mum to the Cops then to get your money back.

And do the same to the friends that owe you money, if you can prove that. Given their behavior they aren't friends after all.
>>
>>18696232
I live in Florida and will take all your dogs. The dog in your picture is so cute. He will be a nice addition to my current 5 dogs, 4 cats, horse, 2 goats and endless chickens and turkeys.
>>
>>18696767
Put them in your car and find a new state to be in.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.