[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do I do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: download (7).jpg (5KB, 168x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (7).jpg
5KB, 168x168px
I've been dating this girl for almost 4 months now.

A few weeks ago our phones were acting up and we got in a small fight because we each thought we were ignoring each other. (We each saw the screenshots)

She invited me out west with her for work for the week. Had a great time.

Got back and she started getting distant. I confronted her about it and sure enough, our phones had missed one another again.

After that, she became distant and I only heard from her once a day.

She finally "had time" to see me last week. We had dinner and hung out at her place. Kissed a little and I went home.

I texted her the next day and I haven't gotten a reply. It's been 5 days.

She's leaving for a girl's trip Friday and will be gone all next week.

>Should I attempt to contact her one final time before she leaves or should I wait for her to reply?
>>
Give her distance, it's shitty she's not giving any communication, but she might need space. Tbh anon, you probably want someone who won't ghost you and leave you in the dark, you might want someone more mature than thst
>>
Obviously your guys' phones are wack, so you should never assume that she's ignoring you in this case. Yes, of course you should try to contact her before she leaves and wish her a good trip. Assume the best.
Do you guys have any other ways to contact each other that doesn't involve your phones?
>>
>>18695920
>>18695921
I'm torn between these two options. She claims she's having a "quarter life" crisis. However, I don't understand why'd she agree to see me and let me come to her house if it was over.
I don't want to come off as clingy. I honestly believe she got my last text though. The uncertainty is killing me.
>>
>>18695921
This is what I've planned to send if I decided to contact her before her trip:

I don't want this to end, especially not like this. I'm too old for games and feigning indifference. If this isn't what you want, fine. This is goodbye and I wish you all the best. If it is, let's stop this nonsense and get back to being us.
>>
>>18695934
>>18695932
That is an ultimatum and essentially a break up. You are aggressive and accusatory. Do NOT send that stupid text.

Telling you that she's having a quarter life crisis implies that she's depressed and disappointed with how far she's come in life. She's likely regretting her educational and career choices, her relationship with her family, her choice in hobbies, etc etc. She might even be suicidal. Maybe she's regretting you too, but you need to have a mature conversation about it. You can't just accuse her and think that putting her on the defensive is going to make you get back to business.

Here's what you sound like:

>I don't want this to end, especially not like this.
"You're breaking up with me!"
>I'm too old for games and feigning indifference.
"You're acting like a baby."
>If this isn't what you want, fine. This is goodbye and I wish you all the best.
"I want to break up with you before you break up with me."
>If it is, let's stop this nonsense and get back to being us.
"I think that your emotional turmoil is ridiculous and stupid. Let's forget that you ever had any issues."

You never address what you're upset about and what you want her to do. You assume that she's reading your mind and should just know what's wrong.

If I was in your situation, I might send this text:

>Hey, I'm worried about you. We haven't talked a lot lately. You mentioned that you were going through a hard time. I want to help, but I don't know what you need. What can I do for you? I'm worried about our relationship. Are you still happy with us? I miss talking to you.

Or maybe this:

>Hey, I'm worried about you. We haven't talked a lot lately. I miss you! I miss our good night phone calls and sending each other stupid pictures and live blogging about our days. Is everything okay?
>>
>>18695934
You're dumb if you send that too her, honestly you can text her one last time but if she hasn't texted you back yet, might be a reason. I'd leave it alone. Is this girls trip something you should be worried about? Is she gonna cheat
>>
>>18696040
No I'm not worried about cheating
>>
>>18696019
Glad I didn't send it. Having someone else read it is helpful. Still, I'm torn between giving her space or reaching out to her before her trip.
>>
>>18696092
I wouldn't, for the reason that it might get your hopes up that this is the text she responds too, but if you do decide to reach out to her, make it innocent, wish her a good trip or something, that she can reply with. Anyway, I really hope things work out in your relationship man
>>
>>18696099
Thanks anon. It's been rough. I hope it's just related to her quarter life crisis. I just don't know whether to reach out to her or wait for her.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.