[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to into emotions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: cherryblossoms.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
cherryblossoms.gif
2MB, 500x281px
I was over at my mom's house and she found out on the phone that her friend, who has had cancer for a long time, is now cancer-free. She came and told me the news all excited, then promptly become offended because, in her words, I "wasn't reacting." She said I just stared at her blankly and said "oh that's great" in a robotic way. She now says she feels bad instead of good since I "ruined the moment" and accuses me of being displeased that she was happy. She has accused me of being "zombie-like" or robotic many times before, and always takes offense to it, as if I am deliberately acting that way toward her. That's not true at all, though she doesn't believe me when I tell her that.
I've been accused of being unemotional and "robotic" by other people before. I also haven't had friends or a social life for years now. I'm 27.
I actually can be very emotional but only when I'm alone, and usually about weird, eccentric stuff. Like tragic anime. Or airplane crashes. Or thinking about soldiers dying in war.
I'm generally satisfied with life on my own terms, but obviously this emotion stuff gives me difficulty with other people, like my mom. Wat do.
>>
be moar expressive
>>
>>18695351
Are you autistic? No offense, genuine question.
>>
>>18695351
I agree with above poster that you may want to look into your mental health & check if perhaps you show autistic signs.

Other than that, screw not getting emotional over something you may not have had a deep connection with. If you're generally happy the way things are, just tell the people "It's not meant offensive" and don't let them guilt trip you, just because you don't meet up to their expectations.
>>
>>18695351
Well most of the time the tone of voice. You don't need to overact. If someone tells you good information go along with them and hook their line with a "oh im glad that your friend got better, how is she doing righr now? Is she out of the hospital?" Give a geniune interest. Small things like that are what some people hokd dearly. Try not to get angry at your mom.
>>
Drugs obviously
Oh man people who never did drugs know NOTHING about real empathy and emotion
>>
>>18695536
That's pretty narrow minded from someone who proposes "mind altering" substances. Maybe that's your take on it, but that doesn't make your opinion superior.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.