[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

drinking problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 8807714750494.png (44KB, 246x344px) Image search: [Google]
8807714750494.png
44KB, 246x344px
so fellas,

a couple months ago, i had an incident which caused me to start thinking about my drinking habits, which i ultimately found to be very worrying. I labelled myself an alcoholic, and accepted that I had a drinking problem. immediately after that, I took 10 days off of drinking before slowly working my way back into it.

Since then, my shakes due to lack of alcohol have stopped, my mood swings have calmed way down, and my ability to interact with others has kind of come back to normal.

i was hoping my tolerance would also go down, but i have found little to no difference after drinking (comparatively) nothing since i decided i had a problem. I have now had 3 relatively heavy pours of neat bourbon, and I still don't feel enough of alcohol's effects to call myself even buzzed.

my question, then, is have those of you with drinking issues found that your tolerance just kinda stays where it's at? or have you found, if you continued drinking, only at a moderated pace, that you just have to deal with not experiencing drunkenness very often if ever? furthermore, are there any among you who would give advice to me, as i have found that i thoroughly enjoy the taste of various alcoholic beverages, and although i do have a drinking problem, i have no intention of stopping completely?
>>
>>18694746
As long as your drinking does not interfere with your love life, work life, family life or health, it's not a problem.
>>
>>18694780
ehhh I've heard a lot of those yoga moms who painfully aren't Freud or Jung say this

basically it's not alcoholism if you're a real tank about it, and it's all up to perception what constitutes a "problem"?
>>
I was advised by a doctor to take one shot or beer every 30 min, well no, more like, wait 30 minutes between shot and shot, you get me Right? So, I listened to him and years later I acquired a taste so I don't feel like drinking every time every day or every "other obliged span of time".
>>
File: 1%20BEER%20ANIMAL[1].jpg (22KB, 418x321px) Image search: [Google]
1%20BEER%20ANIMAL[1].jpg
22KB, 418x321px
>>18694806
So is your imagined tolerance. People can be utterly convinced that they are drunk when all they drank was near beer. Conversely, people can be seriously impaired and think they are just a bit tipsy. You need to drink in moderation but let yourself feel drunk.
>>
>>18694819
Your liver do need 30 min to preocess a shot. What I meant is I'm not an alcoholic anymore.
>>
OP here

I appreciate all of your advice. I *am* a heavier guy, so I do understand part of my tolerance, but when I can easily drink all my friends under the table, I see a problem. I was at a point where I would start seeing double before I really felt any concerning physical effects, and certainly before my speech became affected. I was also significantly less happy on days in which I had not been drunk the night before, and that, I think, was what concerned me the most. It was harder for me to hold my temper if I hadn't drank than if I had. I'm very eager to try that 30 minute rule. The hardest part for me is taking stock of all I am experiencing and deciding whether or not I am impaired.
>>
>>18694823
If you say so...
>>
There is no such thing as chemical tolerance to alcohol, just behavioral tolerance. If you drink heavily for a while you grow accustomed to the state and can handle it more easily, your mastery makes you feel like you're getting less drunk. Chemically, you're just as drunk as you've always been assuming your weight hasn't dramatically shifted.

It takes about 4 days clean to completely filter the alcohol out of your system and 10-14 days for any chemical withdrawal effects to wear off completely. Alcoholism is a behavioral addiction though and whether you are one or not does depend on if it is negatively impacting your life or health. You know you're an alcoholic when you start going to work hungover routinely. I know I'm one because if there is alcohol around me I drink until I pass out or run out of stuff to drink.

If you think it's actually a problem, go to meetings or seek help. If not, then don't stress about it too much. Beating yourself up over something that isn't a problem can turn it into a problem.

Good luck.
>>
>>18694886
this is the best thing i've heard yet in regard to my concern. while i think i have things mostly under control now, i still have an issue stopping once i've begun drinking, especially at a bar. i'm strongly considering classes/group therapy now, and i thank you for your input.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.