[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Get out of a date

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1499443607203.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499443607203.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
I drunkenly agreed to a date with a girl that I know likes me that has kept telling me I need to take her out. I really don't see anything happening between us. There's probably no way to end this without hurting some feelings, but I think I need to be honest and not take her out.

What's the best way to let her down easy?
>>
I've been this girl

Everything will break her heart
>>
'Hey you're a cool girl and I'm really sorry but I just can't see anything happening between us, and I've gotta call off the date because I don't want to lead you on. '
>>
Keep the date and give her a fair shot. You already agreed to it, no way out of it without coming across as a dick.

It's just a date, not a fuck fest.
>>
>>18694662

There's really no giving her a fair shot. She's not going to change my mind, and she's expecting me to roll out the red carpet for her. I already know everything I say will basically be a lie.
>>
>>18694538
I'll get out of this hole I dug by keeping on digging...
>>
File: 1490120053908.png (685KB, 468x1739px) Image search: [Google]
1490120053908.png
685KB, 468x1739px
>>18694538
Just go on the date and try to have a good time. Just let her know at the end that you really can't see yourself with her, and that you just want to stay friends. At this point, there's no way to not hurt her feelings, so at least be honest and try to show her a good time while you're together.

tl;dr be honest and polite.
>>
>>18694538
Tell her you don't feel right taking her out because there is someone else you like.

But don't give details about who that person is.
>>
>>18694778
go on the date, be yourself, be honest with her after the date(not immediately after, but like, a couple days, like a normal human person).
>>
>>18694876
>>18694901

How can I "be myself" and "have a good time" while I know I'm just going through the motions to inevitably tell her I'm not interested? It seems to completely contradict those two things. Plus, I feel like any date I take her on is either going to seem intentionally shitty, or is going to make her like me more.

>>18694881
This seems like an option. Would it be crazy to say I've been kind of seeing someone and I think I want to pursue that?

I'm worried about lying too much because she and my roommate are friends.
>>
>>18694917
Have you asked your roommate about this? The roomie would probably give better advice than us, since they know more about the subject.
>>
>>18694934
He's a gossip queen, who also has a crush on her. He'll gladly throw me under the bus as a total asshole to try to be the one who consoles her.
>>
File: 1503907121217.png (222KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
1503907121217.png
222KB, 600x601px
>>18694954
Ah, that's shitty. Just tell her straight up then that you don't have any feelings for her before the day of the date then. Honestly, it's the best way to go. Don't go with a lie or anything, because one, it's just a shitty thing to do in general, and two, if she finds out about it, then what.

Everyone gets rejected at some point, so might as well be straight up about it.
>>
>>18694954
Sounds like you have a good opportunity here to set your roommate up with her and then have her out of your hair

Win-win
>>
Just go on the date. You can then just be honest at the end and say you don't really feel a connection.
>>
>>18694954
Tell her your roommate likes her and you dont want to make your home life awkward by getting with you
>>
>>18694917
>How can I "be myself" and "have a good time" while I know I'm just going through the motions to inevitably tell her I'm not interested?
Because your interactions throughout the date will show that you're not interested

That's the whole point you fucking dumbass

She'll at least think you gave it a try so it won't feel like

If you don't want to do that, and you're bullshitting and dont actually care about not wanting to hurt her, then the only other option is to tell her beforehand you dont want to go out
>>
take her out
fuck her
dont contact her

bitches need to learn we are the on who hunts otherwise feelings will be hurt
>>
>>18694538
Would it be absolute torture to just go out with her?
Do something that both of you like. Then go home. She's not going to date rape you. You're not going to go through trauma by spending 6 hours with her.
Then after it's over you can reassess.
If you don't want to do it again and she gets hurt, then that's her problem.
>>
>>18694538
Holy shit
Just go out on the date. Regardless of how it goes; she finally gets it out of her system and you can then acknowledge whether there really is nothing there or to just stay friends.
The more you put it off the more of a pain in the ass she will be about it. Dont drag it out.
>>
>>18695157

She very decidedly and point blank told me she has no interest in him, and every time they hang out, she asks about me.

>>18695200
I don't get a lot of free evenings these days and I'm pretty certain she'll make a move.

>>18695173
I've hung out with her a few times and we have a good witty banter, so if I'm suddenly wooden and boring she'll know I'm faking it.

I'd really prefer to let her down instead of wasting my time and money on a date.
>>
>>18696149
I forgot to mention, I'm also worried I get drunk and suddenly make another mistake and give her an opening. I know I could go sober, but drinking is what she and I do... And it would be awkward as fuck for me to sit there sober and do this. I'm an alcoholic.
>>
>>18694548
lol
>>
>>18696149
>>18696155
just let her suck your dick couple of days per week it will help ypu chill out
>>
>>18696155
>>18696149

Goddamn it you fucking faggot, just see this as a way of improving yourself and your life a little bit. For once exercise some goddamn control over your life.

It's a date anyway, so it should be different from what you usually do anyway. Go have lunch or do something that's not fucking drinking. Who fucking cares if you seem different or unnatural - that's the whole freaking point, for her to get the message that "Yo, what we've been doing when we hang and laugh and shit? Yeah that's not me flirting with you - that's just normal chill time. Now we are doing something that's officially supposed to be romantic and I'm just not feeling it and neither should you." You don't need to say that, the whole thing will just have that feel if you're not interested in her romantically.

Go on the date and keep it brief-ish. Go out long enough to eat and do an activity, but don't drag it out and talk through the evening or whatever. Then end it as courteous as possible - don't talk about how pretty she is and how she'll be fine, just straight up be like "Hey so we gave it a shot but I'm not feeling it romantically, I just really liked being friends."

She's going to be upset no matter what, you just gotta accept that. She'll move on sooner or later, if one dude likes her that means there are plenty others who do/will and eventually she'll find the right dick.

Hell who knows maybe her and your roommate will actually make a good couple. Obviously she's going to block him out as much as possible right now because she has blinders on and trying to maximize the chances of being your girl, but once that's no longer a possibility she'll have a wider perspective.
>>
OP here for one last update - I have a girl coming in town that I actually like, and we're spending all weekend together, while my roommate is going to be hanging out with this girl.

Can I leverage that as something? Maybe that the girl and I are going to try something out, even though it's long distance? (All a lie but still.)
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.