[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Parental Bias

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1495523431966.jpg (93KB, 600x993px) Image search: [Google]
1495523431966.jpg
93KB, 600x993px
Should I cut ties with my parents?

Here's some background:

>2007
>Get job and buy shitbox car
>Work constantly and buy cool stuff
>Younger sister bitches that I have stuff and she doesn't
>I work hard and get scholarships and accolades because our family is dirt poor
>Graduate college with decent degree and okay job
>Meanwhile, sister turns 16
>Parents go into debt and buy sister a new car
>They tell her to get a job
>She refuses and says she wants to have fun
>They start giving her money
>She parties
>She totals the new car
>Parents buy her mediocre car
>She graduates with shitty grades
>No financial aid because parents make a little more now
>She parties in college
>Parents co-sign for loans so she can finish school
>She gets pregnant her senior year
>Parents guilt and beg me to do homework for her
>I give in because I am a weak pussy
>She barely graduates
>Has baby (with a felon fleeing the law, I may add)
>Parents renovate my grandfather's home after his passing
>Let sister and felon live there, rent-free
>They get government assistance
>Parents pay for everything
>I decide I want to start a business to fulfill a life-long dream
>Need a co-signer
>Parents refuse because then they would have to co-sign for sister a car loan
>Find out that sister isn't satisfied with free car and no bills
>She wants a new car because she "deserves" it
>Get hopelessly depressed

How can one couple be so blatant in their bias towards one child?

Like, she is given life on a platter and appreciates nothing.

Pic Unrelated.
>>
Your parents are actual retarded people, it's a miracle their offspring can form coherent sentences.

Leave.
>>
>>18693809
Classic
They know you can handle yourself so they don't cut you as much slack. It's the same in my family
Address the issue to them directly and they'll probably tell you the same. You're not entitled to their help one way or the other; succeed despite lack of assistance.
>>
>>18693809
Don't cut off ties.
They seem stupid not mean.

One day real life will slap your sister in the face, you'll feel better then.
>>
>>18693809
if you ever have to question leaving your family then the odds are you should
and after reading this thread fucking hell cut ties before your dragged deeper
>>
>>18693834
don't trust this advice, some people never realise there wrongs
>>
>>18693809

Firstly, I'd understand you needing to cut emotional and financial ties. Ultimately, your priority is to look after yourself.

Secondly, this is a very common family dynamic and as toxic as it is you have to put yourself into their shoes. They have one son who they don't have to worry about because he's smart and capable and they have one daughter who is a complete failure and would probably end up homeless without them. As bitter as you are about the fact that they've supported her so much more than you you absolutely have to understand you didn't need that much support. They knew you would be okay.

Its really easy to say "cut ties, move on, stop helping" but its their daughter. Unless you are a parent you'll never understand how far they will go to save their children from themselves. They're being put in a very hard spot; they either continue to support their daughter and let her live relatively close where they can keep tabs on her or cut her off completely and probably find her in a ditch somewhere. Yes, its toxic but your parents are never going to give up on her. They can't. They're going about it all the wrong way but their motivation for enabling her all these years comes from a very deep, painful and paternal place.

If I were you I'd honestly stop by for thanksgiving and christmas and say hello to everyone but I wouldn't get myself too emotionally involved. They've dedicated their lives to making sure your fuck up sister doesn't wander into traffic or stare at the sun for too long and its too great of a burden to ask them to give up on her. I don't agree with it but I would set my entire life on fire to protect my daughter. I didn't understand that until I held her for the first time. Take care of your life, OP. They're stuck where they are and you can't help them.
>>
File: 3974121.jpg (103KB, 904x573px) Image search: [Google]
3974121.jpg
103KB, 904x573px
>>18693821

But me am the smartest of litter.

>>18693827
>Succeed despite lack of assistance

I like that. Thank you, Anon. I wish you the best in your situation as well.

>>18693834
They're not mean, but I am certainly looking forward to the day that my sister gets her shit slapped.

>>18693837
You make a good point, so it's definitely something to mull over.

>>18693841
Thank you for taking the time to write this out, Kind-Anon. I'm not a parent and, given certain circumstances, never will be. I won't cut ties, but I think creating some distance and limiting emotional investment is a good idea.
Thanks for the replies, everyone.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.