[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get my bf to stop eating like garbage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

I have expressed to my boyfriend multiple times that I am concerned about his eating habits because I want him to start healthy habits now so he doesnt have to deal with heart problems/obesity in later life and I care about his longevity. All he says is I know and acts pissed off at me/ passive aggressively afterward. I am trying really hard not to manage him-I just try to use logic/rational arguments (for his health to save money) but they dont seem to be working. I offer to cook dinner and make him lunch but he'd rather buy fast food than plan for meals.

He started jogging for around 20 mins per day which is good - I make an effort to appreciate it - but he has made no effort to change his diet which is what worries me the most.

As an example of what he eats in a day:
breakfast: pepsi and 2 mini pepperoni pizzas
lunch: 3x cheesy gordita crunch from taco bell and large soda
dinner: large soda, carls jr bacon burger, side of onion rings and fried zuccini
late night snack: pepsi and 2 small bags of chips

should I tell him I'm becoming less attracted to him based on his diet? he has gained around 30lbs since we started dating 3 yrs ago and was always chubby so his looks have never been a big deal to me, I just dont know what else to resort to at this point.
>>
File: 1495409013257.png (117KB, 330x317px) Image search: [Google]
1495409013257.png
117KB, 330x317px
get an actual man
>>
>>18693744
I wish it was that easy (x
>>
Tell him he can eat that shit when he can squat 300 pounds and deadlift 400. Sweeten the deal by promising you'll let him do anal, too.
>>
>>18693738
Start slow, don't request a huge change in diet or it will scare him off. He is like a tiny animal like a bunny, don't rush at him or he'll just refuse(run away). Convince him to stop the coke, fast food isn't that terrible for you, the coke is usually the deciding factor for how fucked you're going to be. Start with helping him get off caffiene/coke, i'd have to know the guy to tell you how exactly but that should be your goal. The guy likes shitty fast food and that might never change but the frequent cokes are the dangerous part.

Just remember that you have to take it slow and learn the pace at which he wants to change.
>>
Tell him he's fucking gross and to get his shit sorted out.
>>
That's a professional land-whale diet. There are freakshows about fat American people who eat less than that.

He might get a scare, maybe if you're going to leave him, or when he gets rushed to the hospital and has his first brush with death. It sounds like a lost cause though.
>>
File: 1502475246391.jpg (84KB, 700x487px) Image search: [Google]
1502475246391.jpg
84KB, 700x487px
>>18693738
Ah, I feel the same way except for my family. Feels bad when your parent and bros only eat junk...

Anyway, what makes you feel like you can't get another bf? Your bf really doesn't have any self-control. I hear a lot about other girls wanting "fix" something before dumping it, even though the something in question here is already a lost cause.
>>
>>18693738
Get him addicted to amphetamines. I really don't se why more people don't use them to treat obesity, the harmfull effects are far less and dropping the addiction is easier than dropping the lbs. The money saved on food is enough to cover the cost of the speed. Not refering to meth ofcourse, that shit is directly nerutoxic.
>>
>>18693938
Can confirm, lost 30lbs in high school (went from skinnyfat 6'1" 180lbs to hungry skellington 6'2" 150lbs) when I was on Vyvanse for ADD.

Grades also shot up. Should really start taking something again, but I never liked the crash.
>>
Baby steps.

Focus on weaning him off the damn soda first. Then worry about the junk later.

Maybe use his "but the combo comes with a drink..." excuse as a way to get him to stop getting a side too, so he just eats the entree.

Water, water, water. It's (almost) free. Tastes like shit when it's lukewarm though. Needs to be cold.
>>
Dump him.
>>
That diet is downright retarded.
>>
>>18693738
>than plan for meals
Don't offer to cook for him, just cook for him and pack his lunch. Ask him what healthy food he likes first, and eat meals with him whenever possible. You can wean him off slowly by encouraging him to reduce the fast food intake. If he really hates eating home cooked food maybe introduce him to health restaurants, or healthy restaurant options. Alternatively have one day a week where he can get something bad.

Beyond that he is eating like shit for one of two major reasons:
1) He doesn't want to prep anything, and he just wants to eat something immediately.
2) Depression or stress, some people eat shit food when they are depressed or stressed as a way to self medicate. In fact it is the number one cause of over eating.
>>
if you give so many fucks about his long term health why did you get with a fat fuck with no prospects of improving and just get a fit guy in the first place? oh wait its cause youre an ugly fatty. ugly fatty
>>
>>18693938
>get on speed to avoid obesity ruining heart
>ruin heart with speed instead
kek
>>
>>18693738
Hahahahaha, wow. And here I thought my eating habits were shit.
>>
>>18693738
Same here but at least i'm not a fat
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.