[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malovence...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: ClockworkOrange1.jpg (53KB, 400x363px) Image search: [Google]
ClockworkOrange1.jpg
53KB, 400x363px
Why does it seem like people have this incredible capacity to be really shitty to one another? When I think of people in general, I imagine a being that's basically evil, but covering it up with a venir for the sake of getting ahead. Is this wrong?

If I'm not wrong, and people are generally evil, then my next question is "why"? Why do people have to be such cunts all the time? It just seems like EVERYONE has something shitty to say about someone else and is judgemental and hateful, and they're often nice to their face and talk nasty shit behind their back.

I really hate this about people. I wish they'd chill out and talk about baseball or something, but nah. Idk what's the deal with that? Is everyone a narcissist or something?
>>
Where do you live? Nearest city?
>>
>>18693463
In my opinion, the human beings adapts to it's surroundings. As pampered and well cared for most of us are in the first world we are basically raised to become cunts.

Just look around you, the shitty things overweigh the nice one, so no wonder everyone goes Machiavelli to get around it.

Only thing you can do is reevaluate all values you've been teached all your life and aleviate from the rest of society, educating those you have hope in cutting those without out of your life.
>>
samefaggin >>18693480

for example, im generally a really extroverted and I love to meet new people and find almost everyone interesting in a way, but when I'm in a room and I have the feeling that most people in there suck ass i just shut down and wait for the next opportunity and leave. An philantropic misantrope, basically.
>>
You might just live in a shitty area with shitty people. Go to a Mormon community and they'll practically suck your dick that's how nice they are
>>
>>18693463
There's a lot more to cover here than I can get to in 2000 characters or in the short time I have before I go to work out, but I saw this and felt compelled to give my two cents.... Well, two of my cents, anyway -- I have a lot more to give that I just don't have the time or space for.

The world doesn't consist of static facts or states, but our brains are hard-wired to process information in this way. The world consists of systems, and we literally don't have the hardware to understand them all.

>On people being generally shitty to one another -- it's half true
Humans are naturally pack animals. We have "in groups" and "out groups". We protect our homies but bust up other gangs. We protect our kin but kill anyone who wishes us harm. This even extends to race wars, gender wars, etc. It's always "us vs them", you're just re-framing who "them" is

>On the incredible capacity -- this is just rational (cost vs reward)
Humans have the ability to compartmentalize and rationalize. We need this ability to survive. It means that we literally think the world is better off without "them" groups, and we don't mind doing literally anything to ruin the life of "them" because "it's only fair"

>On being judgmental -- this is a feedback loop
To support the notion of "in group" and "out group", we must prove to ourselves that we're truly different (and superior) to the "out group". We must find and make a huge deal of every little difference. "She's wearing a sweater in the summer? Weirdo."

>On talking nicely to people's faces -- this is just rational (cost vs reward)
When you make enemies, you create potential risks and dangers to your own life. If you piss off 100 people, that's 100 people that MIGHT murder you in your sleep. The fewer people you piss off, the lower your chance of getting murdered. So no matter how much you hate people, it's not logical to act on those impulses.

Humans are rational creatures acting on a fucked up incentive system.
>>
>>18693470
Dallas, Tx
>>
>>18693496
Huh, that was pretty cool. I never thought of it on such logical terms. It makes perfect sense though, thanks.
>>
>>18693463
samefaggin
Some people are actually "evil" just as you've described, but 8/10 of people you consider to be as such aren't really rotten faggots, they are just sad / having a bad day. Even if somebody insults you heavily it usually does not mean that they are hateful twats. They've just insulted you, no more, no less. I, for example, am neutral to people I've just met and adjust my behavior based on the circumstance. This is what most people do.

You fucking faggot.
>>
>>18693496
This is a backwards reasoning as to how such behaviour can arise. Not saying youre wrong but individuals and groups can and do set other standards for themselves.

>>18693499
Get out while you can.
>>
>>18693513
When you realize people are just robotic automata the world makes a lot more sense. Everything from the election of Donald Trump and the threat of World War III to the Great Depression, student loans, prostitution, criminal law, and fast food restaurants... it all just makes sense. It's just humans following an incentive system to optimize for the positive well-being of their "in group" while maintaining a disdain for their "out group" but only acting on that hatred when it benefits their "in group" directly (lest their make enemies with no reward)

Upon seeing the world like that, you realize that every single human is exactly the same. We like to think that no one is as bad as Hitler, but in fact every single person is as bad as Hitler. If you had lived through his life experiences and were put into his situation, you would have done that exact same thing. So would I.

At that point you realize the way to fix the world isn't to try and fix people. People aren't inherently good or bad. People aren't the symptoms OR the cause of society's issues. People are the CUSTOMERS of society. Society is a tool that exists to support those people. Instead of fixing people, you should invent systems that incentivize the desired behaviors. When you do this, no fixing is necessary -- because you created a person-centered society.

This is exactly why many attempts to fix the world fail. We think of people are the symptoms and the causes of our problems, when we're just robots doing what our programming tells us.
>>
>>18693523
Ok, so then why would somebody insult you with the intention of hurting your feelings if they weren't being hateful? Having a bad day doesn't negate one's actions, and therefore what he or she is, you silly goose.
>>
>>18693463
Its half wrong. You nailed half of it with a negative world view that hides the other half.

Humans are social animals. They maneuver in certain ways by *instinct*. Altruism, charity, cooperation, love, support and self sacrifice is hard wired into us.

Same with getting ahead, perceiving enemies, sinking enemies, making sure you get enough (or for some, more) by any means, and affirming yourself as dominant.

So everyone loves someone, everyone has been selfless, everyone has helped out of the goodness of their hearts, and everyone has some form of passion for some underdog out there. We survived together from the beginning of our species.

...but if it means feeling good about yourself, or theres some perceived social reward that outweighs the faux pas, you better believe some of the kindest people will shit talk you into outcast land to defend their social status or subjugate you.

Just think about yourself OP: you are human so i can make two assumptions about you. One, youve seriously honestly cared about someone or something just and youve probably sacrificed your time to a greater cause than yourself.

Im.also positive youve shit talked someone, or hated someone or something or a group of people with no logical rational reason to do so.

Everyone else is the same. Theyre also all self bias. They usually remember themselves and paint their perception of themselves based on the collection of good things they stand for and have done and theyll omit their shittiness as one offs and justified.

Just people man. Dont hate too much or youre one of the ones you hate so.
>>
>>18693548
There is a genetic component to personality. Not everyone is a psychopath, because not everyone has the genetic makeup of a psychopath, which 100% influences influences your decisions. I think Hitler and most politicians are psychopaths, but 99 out of 100 aren't, and are therefore not equipped to make the same decisions they were. So that was fallacious, but I agree with the rest.
>>
>>18693555
You have done it as well, you just haven't realized it. Everybody has done it.

>haven't realized
It just happens. I don't view myself as a bad but neither a good person. If some random guy approached me and said "Hi!" then my mood and his voice tone is enough to influence my further actions at that moment.

>Having a bad day doesn't negate one's actions
That's completely right. And yet, I would bet that you will end up behaving like a prick for no real reason one day.

Listen to this guy, he knows his shit better than I do mine >>18693556
>>
>>18693463
>Why does it seem like people have this incredible capacity to be really shitty to one another?
Because we do, we always have.

>Why do people have to be such cunts all the time?
They don't and they aren't.
Best you can do is try not to find a single reason, because you won't. Try instead to learn from it and not be a dick.
Look at yourself before you look at others. When you've done that, can you really judge? If you can, what's the point if not to teach, or to learn?
>>
>>18693463
when analysing what i 'did wrong' (test-blaming myself for their behaviour - if i could solve it from my end) i noticed this:

1st person, talking about oneself, is generally not appreciated

2nd person (stating) assumes (esp. thoughts/feelings etc.) - if wrong, problem...,
and innocent questions turn out embarrassingly private

3rd person, talking about others, easily turn into gossip.

So which to choose?
(talk about subjects, reply to 'ok' questions, ...)

it looks like many people default to 3rd (safest),
while some relatively overuse the 1st or 'fail' using the 2nd

intended meaning and how it can be read (perceived meaning or intentions), worst case, can be miles apart

reviewing some convos with this in mind can be quite revealing
(how and when either handles these 3, where it goes wrong, etc.)

also to determine, when the other one simply isn't interested without saying so!

(sigh! too much fake 'being polite')
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.