[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Caffeine Addiction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Donald Duck suicide.jpg (15KB, 394x297px) Image search: [Google]
Donald Duck suicide.jpg
15KB, 394x297px
So I've been addicted to caffeine four times in my life. The last three times, I was able to beat it using Rutaecarpine in supplemental form to re-sensitize myself, while using Rhodiola and 5-HTP with green tea to convert my craving. This time around, I've tried that approach twice and it's not working.

I'm at a point where I need at least 500mg of caffeine per day just to keep myself going. I can usually buy 2 rockstars (the ones with 240mg caffeine per can) for $3, so I'll pound both of them before I even start my work day where I have one or two more. It takes a full gram for me to get the caffeine buzz now, and I know if I keep this shit up I'm going to be dead before 30.

Can you anons recommend a reasonable method to break this addiction? Is it ridiculous to try using nicotine gum to convert the urge? Am I fucked?
>>
>convert the urge

I'll leave your fantastic delusions alone and point out that what you need to do is taper your daily dosage of caffeine down slowly until you aren't using it anymore. There's no magic bullet or secret remedy. It's like any physical addiction. You must taper down your dosages until you can stop.

Whatever nonsense you want to imagine about "converting cravings" or whatever is fine, but caffeine is a chemical that you are addicted to and the only way to not be addicted to is it to allow your body to recalibrate without it, ideally, after tapering down to nothing unless you want to struggle through the withdrawal symptoms for a week or two of hedaches and lethargy.
>>
>>18693347
Caffeine addiction has a rather long withrawal period any way you spin it so you're probably better off going cold turkey. As for the other suff you write, I simply lack words.
>>
Nicotine gums won't do shit, you are addicted to a substance, using another one will just get you hooked up to two.
Cut it back and get trough a week of slightly lowered performances.
Fucks sake it's fucking caffeine we are talking about
>>
>>18693437
And I forgot, 5-HTP is a precursor of serotonin, while caffeine acts on adrenaline and noradreline, makes little sense to supplement it if you haven't depleted serotonin levels (SSRI fast withdrawal, major depression, MDMA abuse to cite some).
>>
>>18693465
OP here. Not going to bore you with my medical history but I've dealt with major depression for nearly a decade. My serotonin levels are always low, so I use 5-HTP for a boost on particularly bad days or situations like this where I'm trying to convert a habit. I've tried sertraline and a handful of anti-depressants but they make me horribly tired, thus leading to a caffeine dependency.
>>
>>18693483
5 HTP works? Have you tried/what do you think of lithium orotate?
>>
>>18693347
Catalyst energy mints. It doesn't give you that gittery feeling.
>>
>>18693347
No lie I accidentally drink caffeinated beverages like tea and colas often

I work at a coffee shop, so I drink a lot per day, I can handle about 10 shots of espresso, but only if I need it that much, usually I end up with a quad shot. If the average shot of espresso is 50-70mg of caffeine, then I would drink about 500 to 700mg when I get my coffee

One of my coworkers used to drink a beverage with 16 shots of espresso daily. He says it's enough to kill a small child.
>>
That's not much caffeine, quit being a baby. There is not such thing as converting an addiction, shove healing crystals up your ass until you die
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.