[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

loneliness at university

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: blogSpan[1].jpg (98KB, 480x307px) Image search: [Google]
blogSpan[1].jpg
98KB, 480x307px
This is a question for advice as well as a rant.

i'm a 20 something old guy, i have friends from my old town and stuff. I study at a university in a city. I'm in my third year and i feel so damn lonely. I have no group to go out with. just acquaintances that know me and i know them. Conversations will never go beyond how are you doing anon, how was your weekend, what did you get for x subject.

In the vacation i was dating this girl for a month and now that i just got dumped at the start of uni i feel double the loneliness. It seems that most people found friendships during their freshers week but my group sucked and fell apart.

Believe me i tried finding 'friends'
> joined a study association
> was 1 year active
> work in a place with lot's of people from the same study field
> going to try to join a other commision from my study association soon

Yet all these things and i feel like that i have NOT found any new friendships. Just shallow contacts

I guess my main problems are:
No uni people to go out with
Lost excitement in my life by losing a girl.

My question any other people feel/felt the same way? What did you do to solve it
>>
Unless there's something intrinsically wrong with the way you socialize (which is unlikely), I'm pretty sure your problem is that you don't follow through. You make acquaintances, but you leave them at that. You never chat someone up and ask them to get coffee, or drinks, or just shoot the shit. Yes, it's awkward and you might be rejected, but unless you try you'll never turn an acquaintance into a friend.
>>
>>18693324
I'm in a similar spot but I commute to a large university and I don't want to drink, smoke, or party.
>>
>>18693342
I don't commute i live in my uni city
>>18693340
Well that's what i did with some roommates yet it feels weird. I have the same group of friends for my entire life, sometimes people join but i never managed to find my other own group of friends that i know exclusively
>>
even ITT i'm lonely. Nobody feels the same?
>>
>>18693495
Ill be your friend anon. I'm going to uni in a few days. I dont know where you're from but in my country we have integration activities to know other people.

It's scary because I too am afraid of not finding friends to talk to.
>>
>>18693506
you just have to be lucky and find a group in your freshers/introduction. My group was mostly girls so i could not form any great friendships
>>
>>18693509
Well I'm probably going to join the group of my course or the political party I support (but that one is outside uni). It sucks because all my friends are going North and I'm the only one going to the capital, meaning I'll have no friends to meet but for some guys who are on the same interest group as I am on social media. But those are outside college, so I pray I find new people to talk to. On the plus side the course splits the students in high school size classes so we'll be close knitted.
>>
>>18693517
the size of classes plays a big factor. I always had huge classes so that made it hard
>>
>>18693524
Yeah and the course I applied to only has 45 openings and we are split in three classes. None of that large auditorium classes of dozens of people.
>>
>>18693324
The only 2 groups of friends I had at university were a few people on my course and people I knew from my sports club (fencing).

Trick is to hang out with people more often than just when you see them regularly, like invite them out to do some shit, get a drink on a friday night and chill, that sort of thing.

Talk about interests you share, stuff that's going on, things you want to do, if they're not assholes then it'll escalate and you start making connections.

Obviously you won't click with everyone, but that's how you go from acquaintances to actual friends.
>>
>>18693551
that's a good input
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.