[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College Coldfeet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: college.jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
college.jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
I've been attending a good college for the past two years but wanted to leave it because it really lacked a social/college atmosphere. I didn't enjoy my time there at all and I made basically no friends. All while this was going on my other friends at another good college were having a great time.

I ended up putting in a transfer request to enter Year 3 of the other college, but it was denied because my grade average was not high enough. However I was offered Year 2, which I've took but it is not yet finalized.

Now I'm at this new college, one week in, and one of my best friends who's (very smart) has to repeat his entire year because he failed one of his exam. I've been in some lectures and can already tell the standard is higher. I'm absolutely petrified of failing and having to repeat the year. If that happens I'll essentially be stuck in Year 2 when if I just stayed in my original college, I could have graduated.

At the moment I'm really unsure what to do. A large part of me wishes I just stuck with my original college, graduated and just moved on with life. Another part wants to stay in the new college so I can enjoy college life, but I really don't want to run the risk of having to repeat the year. If that happened I'd most likely dropout and that'd destroy me.

At the moment nothing is finalized, however, if I returned to my original college I'd have to get work placement absolutely ASAP (which is difficult), as the first semester is all placement. On top of this, my mother and father have been trying so hard to get me into this college and I feel it'd be a massive insult if I turned around to them and changed my mind after all they've done for me.

I'm having a massive case of "the grass is always greener" and I really don't know what to do. I feel like a failure no matter what option I take. Any advice?
>>
TL;DR
>Changed college because original college was very boring and lacked life
>Had to go back a year to get into new college
>New college is difficult and if I fail an exam I'll essentially be stuck in the same place whereas I could have been graduated if I just stayed in my original college
>I don't know what to do.
>I feel shame if I go back to my original college as my parents have worked hard to get me into the new one.
>I don't want to run the risk of failing and repeating another year.
>>
>>18693313
sounds like you are anxious. you want to be better and now youre regretting it. you thought you made the smart choice and now youre wondering if its smarter to work with what you got.

Youre thinking way too much, none of this rumination will help you in the end. My advice? stay the fuck where you are in your new college. Dont let silly shit like fear of failure trip you up. repeating a year is by far not the worst thing that can happen to a college student - you should see my friend group. They used to be so bright and hopeful in highschool. We were a valedictorian crowd. Anyways. Rather than think of pointless stuff and getting guilted by your parents, put the things endangering you thru a mental cheesecloth so that all you are left with is a list of things you have to do so you don't fail. not only that, focus on the next step. What did you want to get into this college for? Wasnt it to make friends and study together and succeed together? Do you even remember anymore?

Anyways, good luck!
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.