[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone relocated cities to a new job? Should I airbnb the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: luggag.jpg (125KB, 950x633px) Image search: [Google]
luggag.jpg
125KB, 950x633px
Has anyone relocated cities to a new job?

Should I airbnb the first week of employment and the week off before so I can look at properties / house shares?

Or just go ahead and sign some contract from another city without ever seeing it? (Seems shittier but more certainty)
>>
>>18693212
Yes and it didn't work out. Now I commute 3 hours each way to work, like a dumbass
>>
>>18693212
When my friend moved cities, she went up for a weekend just to view apartments. I really wouldn't recommend renting a place without seeing it
>>
>>18693212
What the fuck? It's called relocation. Get them to pay for it.
>>
>>18693212
I stayed with my cousin for a month when I moved for a new job. Took me a while, but I eventually found a new place.

if anything sign a short term contract and see if you can find someplace better down the line
>>
>>18693212
There are no-lease apartments and extended-stay hotels. Use one for the first month.

And yes, your new company might pay for it.
>>
>>18695214
>>18695584

Yes they offer money towards "relocation fees" but I didnt know what that meant and if it covered stuff like airbnb or it has to be a proper hotel

They were quite vague when I asked for clarification but that was before I accepted the offer.

Sounds like I should book an airbnb for 2 or 3 weeks, ask if they cover it, if they don't cancel and get a hotel?
>>
>>18696685
Why are you so insistent on an airbnb? Just get a hotel room with a kitchen and be done with it.
>>
>>18696706
>Just get a hotel room with a kitchen and be done with it.

Cos some are cheap and have kitchens available too.

Hotels are really fuckin expensive and I feel like I'm making a bad impression on them or something. You're right I should just do hotel, their relocation allowance is generous and I'd be silly not to make use of it.

I wasn't scared of negotiating salary or maxing out their interview travel reimbursement and stuff because the worst that can happen is they say no. But now I've accepted the worst that can happen is I work for X months and they let me go right before the end of my probationary period so I'm kinda paranoid now.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.