[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you beat anxiety/fear/stage fright?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

How do you beat anxiety/fear/stage fright?
>>
>>18693025
Benzodiazepines.

They're the solution that third of threads on this board.
>>
>>18693025
Subject yourself to it.
Feel it, learn, grow.
>>
>>18693025
Expose yourself to it on a daily basis, like a sales or call center job.
>>
I just say to myself that at least you're fucking doing it and none of the cucks in the audience have the balls to do what you're doing right now. Works every time.
>>
>>18693025
Drunk karaoke ftw!
>>
>>18693025
meditate
>>
>>18693461
>>18693468
Not OP but what if it's literally paralyzing.
Like I shit you not, my brain is screaming at me "GO DO IT" but my legs refuse to move.

Just pretend or take my word for it since I know this is highly unbelievable to most people, but it is literally that I cannot move my body with what my brain is telling it to do out of fear
>>
>>18693584
You gotta psych yourself up. Alcohol, masturbation, running, whatever. These things are less like running a marathon, and more like stepping onto an escalator. You make the first step, and you'll be carried along. But the first step is the hardest.

I would take the benzo, though.
>>
>>18693607
I'm thinking drugs are about my only solution to get me out of the hole at least enough to start climbing.
I unfortunately cannot talk to a doctor about anything related to mental health or I am basically disqualified from my dream job.

Are those easy to get without a script and how much shit would I be in if caught?
>>
>>18693607
idk for me it's like the escalator broke. I was able to "psych" myself up enough to go to a meeting for some random club on campus once, I got there, everything went well, people actually talked to me and made me feel welcome.
Then this week rolls around, and I'm back to square one for some fucking reason terrified to get in my car and drive to the club meeting. Not a single thing went wrong last time, yet I'm still near throwing up from anxiety thinking about going to meeting 2
>>
"no matter where you're going there you are"
>>
Not taking yourself too seriously. I mean it. I have all kinds of anxiety, even panic attacks, but I've never had a problem with stage fright, because I just don't care about looking goofy or messing up in front of people. You're human, anon, and so is everyone else, who cares what they really think? You do you. And, btw, I've done some goofy ass shit on stage in front of hundreds of people.
>>
>>18693025
I had to give a speech today for class elections, and I had terrible anxiety about it for like a week beforehand

Here are the tips that helped me feel more comfortable:

1) if possible, get to know the people in your audience. Speaking in front of a group of friends is a lot easier than speaking in front of "peers"

2) practice practice practice. Practice tone and volume as well as content. Visualize standing in front of people as you are practicing

3) DRINK. A glass of wine or two if you're nervous before a speech is VERY helpful
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.