[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I lost my job several months ago. I got the job because I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1502309090719.jpg (48KB, 600x597px) Image search: [Google]
1502309090719.jpg
48KB, 600x597px
So I lost my job several months ago.
I got the job because I recieved a blast email from a teacher from my art school in charge of job placement, that an alumni was currently hiring for his company and was looking at my school's graduates.

I worked at that company for almost 4 years. During that time, I never received a similar email from my job placement teacher if anyone else was looking to hiring graduates from my school.

Now, my art school was a trade school. While I learned a shitload, it pretty much prepared and trained us on how to make a living as an artist, which is mostly freelance. The blast emails the graduates would get from the job placement teacher were mostly about clients asking artists to do freelance work for them.

My family has suggested, that since I technically got this job through my school, that I should contact the job placement teacher and ask if he knows anyone from another company that's hiring.

I personally don't see the point in this, because if someone was currently looking for graduates to hire, I would get a blast email about it. I still get blast emails every now and then, but it's few and far between and it's only for freelance work.
I also don't want to approach the job placement teacher because since the school's whole mission is to train us into being great artists to make a living on our art, he may think it's weird to ask about any companies looking to hire. Like I feel like the response would be "why are you not just producing art and make a living off that?". I would if the freelance art world wasn't so competitive.

What would you Do? Should I contact the job placement teacher and ask if he knows of any companies currently looking to hire? Or should I not even bother since the job placement teacher isn't actually making a referral for students, he just finds gigs for us to apply to if we're interested?
>>
>>18692990
It is worth the shot. What do you have to lose by trying master yoda?

>art school
https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/careers.html
>>
>>18693010
Idk my integrity or something. I'm afraid of them thinking I haven't tried to work for myself since that's what the school trained us to do. The school has connections with Marvel, DC and other comic book companies, but I don't have much of a comic book portfolio and I know it's mostly freelance work.
>>
File: two types of people.png (21KB, 540x134px) Image search: [Google]
two types of people.png
21KB, 540x134px
>>18693078
>them thinking
Are you a bitch? Do it faggot unless you enjoy flipping burgers.
>>
>>18693160
I also feel uncomfortable telling the teacher/job placement coordinator that I was laid off. I feel weird telling any aquaintance I was laid off.
>>
>>18693188
It doesnt matter. What matters is they can help you get better job. Swallow your pride and try!
>>
>>18693192
How exactly should I phrase this email and/or approach him about it?

I lost this job around 7 months ago by the way, so it feels weird to ask so late like this too...
>>
>>18693235
I also graduated from this school over 7 years ago
>>
>>18693235
>that autism
I am looking for new job, are you able and willing to help?
>>
OP here

How does this sound?

>"Hi (name of teacher)! How are you? I know the new school year has probably started so best of luck with the new students.
>The reason I am reaching out is that I am currently looking for new job opportunities. Unfortunately I was laid off from (name of company), so I wanted to ask if you knew of anyone currently hiring for any full-time creative positions. Right now I'm most interested in looking for work in illustration, storyboarding or production art, so if you of anyone who might be looking to hire for these positions, please keep me in mind.
>Thanks for taking the time to read this and hope all is well."
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.