[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nosy Coworker/Upper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (10KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 276x183px
Hello anons, I need your advice. I have a coworker/manager that pretty much does the same job as me, but manages more things and such. Therefore, she is considered an "upper"/manager of mine. When she first started working here, she let me know that she doesn't want any personal questions and to keep our work life strictly work related. I'm a dude, and this was perfect for me since I hate small talk and talking to co workers about stupid ass shit. I have never asked her anything personal. However, as time has passed, she constantly asks me personal questions and is very nosy about my life.

For example, if I call in sick and use my paid time off and turn in my absence form in advance, she'll ask me about it the next day. Not a simple "are you feeling better?", but would ask for details on what I was sick for, or what the illness might be. These are personal questions that I would rather not answer and find it very annoying that she doesn't follow her own "don't ask personal questions" motto. How do I deal with somebody like this?
>>
>>18692674
>For example, if I call in sick and use my paid time off and turn in my absence form in advance, she'll ask me about it the next day.

She wants to know if you're coming into work or not. She has a schedule to keep.

>Not a simple "are you feeling better?",

She's not your mother and has explicitly stated that she doesn't care

>but would ask for details on what I was sick for, or what the illness might be.

She wants to know if you're not lying through your teeth or that you could be contagious.

>These are personal questions that I would rather not answer and find it very annoying that she doesn't follow her own "don't ask personal questions" motto. How do I deal with somebody like this?

Not really; she wants to confirm your story and wants to know if you're a liability if you came into the office sick. These are basic question any manager would ask of your staff.
Unless you're not giving us the full story; the problem is with you and not her.
>>
>>18692737
I'm turning in my absence form requests in advance, and I do the majority of the work, not her.

>She's not your mother and has explicitly stated that she doesn't care

She says one thing, but her actions say otherwise. She's very nosy about my personal life. I'd rather she not ask me anything when I come back from a sick day.

>She wants to know if you're not lying through your teeth or that you could be contagious.

I was not lying when I call in sick as I only get 5 sick days a year. I got food poisoning and called the night before and also emailed in a absence form request. She then commenced to asking me 5000 questions about my food poisoning.

Also, I am not a liability to this company. I work my ass off here and I've gotten two raises in one year. I do not slack, I do all my work.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.