[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Noisy Neighbour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 59750946597436.jpg (10KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
59750946597436.jpg
10KB, 276x183px
The tenant who lives below me in an apartment complex has a habit of constantly singing and talking really LOUDLY with her roommate/friend/whatever.
I have to put on headphones to concentrate on my work. Often I have to wait till 11pm for some peace & quiet.

I've complained to the management who has notified the tenant, but the tenant replied asking why should she pay rent so that she can only whisper? She acknowledges that she has a naturally loud voice, but she considers asking her to lower it as "unfair".

What are my options here?
>>
>>18691741

>concentrate on my work
>distracted by someone talking

You really aren't into your work then.
>>
Not sure where you live but in the UK you can complain to your local authority about noise nuisance. They'll ask to you to keep a diary of the times it's causing a problem (date, time, length, what the problem was etc) and they'll then speak to her, usually via a letter.

Alternatively try and put down a load of thick rugs or carpets on your floor. Maybe it'll drown out the self absorbed cunt.
>>
>>18691741
This is a thorny issue, and ultimately you have no real recourse. Were it loud music you'd have a legitimate complaint. Were it late at night, you'd have a legitimate complaint.

But here your neighbor does have a point - you cannot ask her to whisper in her own home.

You've got two areas of possible relief. If the landlord knows that the building's construction makes noise travel vertically, he might be convinced that not just you but everyone would be happy with a little soundproofing, if only new carpets.

And if you make some effort to befriend your neighbor you might develop a friendly enough relationship that would let you ask (not demand) that she tone it down the night before an exam or something like that.
>>
>>18691794
I honestly dont expect her to whisper; even I realize that's a bit much. However some moderation would be appreciated since she is aware that she is naturally loud.

Also I doubt the landlord would do anything. I put more effort in maintaining the place than he does.
>>
>>18691861
You literally have no recourse.

Yes, of course, the reasonable thing to do would be for her to be a decent human being and try to make a genuine effort to not be so disruptive. ...but that's not the world we live in anymore. Best advice that has already been offered is putting down rugs. Maybe start listening to music while working? Get some noise canceling headphones to wear?

You could do the childish thing that will certainly not help the situtation and retaliate: stop around on your floor in the middle of the night, deface her car, etc. THat's certain to escalate and leave both of you miserable and possibily talking to lawyers.
>>
>>18691741
Where do you live where the floors are so thin you can hear the person below you? This has never been an issue in any apartment I've set foot in.
>>
>>18691874
stomp around*
>>
>>18691874
>Maybe start listening to music while working? Get some noise canceling headphones to wear?
Doing that already. Though i feel like I shouldn't have to if she just kept it down to a reasonable volume.

>>18691875
Hollow doors. Stairwell echoes everything even from the garage 3 floors down. Open windows in the back and front of her apartment so sound comes from both sides.
>>
OP here. I just got home; she's playing music and having a full blown over the top conversation with her roommate.
So much for wanting to give her some slack
>>
Do you have a subwoofer?
>>
>>18691741
you should buy some speakers and play really shitty music so that she will stop (like 21 savage)
>>
>>18691875
Not OP but I cannot hear my next door neighbors almost ever, however I can hear my downstairs neighbors practically as if they are in my own house. Even just simple talking I can hear so well!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.