[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bros before hoes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: lb111menonbeamhatsoffcopy.jpg (60KB, 838x559px) Image search: [Google]
lb111menonbeamhatsoffcopy.jpg
60KB, 838x559px
My best friend and I go way back; been playing video games and tabletop games with him online at least weekly for many years now; talking, joking, sharing dank memes, the whole bit. As we all do, he has his flaws, one of which is bad luck dealing with women through the years.

10 months ago, my ex broke up with me after a 7-year relationship. It was a relatively amicable breakup, but I decided to go no-contact with her to help me move on. I'm seeing someone else now, but still have (suppressed) feelings regarding my ex, as one might expect after so long a relationship.

I learned from my friend two days ago that he was still chatting with my ex. She had been acquaintances with him as well, playing video games and tabletop games with the two of us for several years of our relationship.

I asked him about it, and he assured me that they are just two friends chatting about shared interests, gaming and so forth. I made it fairly clear that I didn't care him talking to her, and he responded that I should work on getting over her.

Simply knowing they are in contact really gets under my skin, and brings it all up again: anger, jealousy, longing.

Wat do?
>>
If you were with her for seven years and she became friends with him during that time, it's unreasonable of you to demand that he takes sides in the breakup.
>>
>>18690503

This. Don't make other people responsible for your emotional hangups. I understand you're struggling with getting over it but thats your problem, not theirs.
>>
File: 1497463291254.jpg (106KB, 1150x742px) Image search: [Google]
1497463291254.jpg
106KB, 1150x742px
>>18690503
Then wat do? Just suck it up and try to ignore it?

Easier said than done.
>>
>>18690527
>Just suck it up and try to ignore it?
Yes

>Easier said than done.
Tough shit.
>>
>>18690527

>Then wat do? Just suck it up and try to ignore it?

Yup. Talk about it with someone maybe. Get your feelings out in the open and don't bottle them up.

>Easier said than done.

Acting like a rational adult being difficult is not an excuse to give up and act like a cunt.
>>
File: 1497732458445.jpg (464KB, 1389x1103px) Image search: [Google]
1497732458445.jpg
464KB, 1389x1103px
>>18690534
Thank you for your well-thought-out and detailed response to my concerns. I can see you took your time considering all angles of the situation. This advice will be very helpful to me in the months to come.

Anyone else?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.