[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to stop craving alcohol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: alcohol-dependence.jpg (14KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
alcohol-dependence.jpg
14KB, 600x434px
how to stop craving alcohol
>>
>>18690195
Ignore any self help bullshit or anything like that. Its all shit and more often than not the people relapse. To quit you have to want it deep down otherwise you will never succeed. Also, quitting it completely is not always the answer either. It takes more strength to learn how to moderate than it does to quit altogether. I went from drinking damn near a bottle every night to only drinking socially.
>>
>>18690344
i think the problem is that i don't want to quit deep down because it hasn't begun to affect my life negatively [spoiler]yet[/spoiler] i just know it will at some point
i know its bad for me and i know I'm on a bad path but i can't bring myself to stop
>>
>>18690386
>yet
It will. I drank hardcore for about 5 years before I really started to notice an effect on my body. I started to feel shitty all the fucking time and all I thought about was drinking. It even got so bad at one point I started shaking before I had a drink.
Do what you will but I would advise to stop it now. Tell yourself you are in control and not the other way around.
Start by drinking on the weekends and then limit yourself to social occasions. If you want it it will happen.
As an ex alcoholic I have to say alcoholics are the whiniest bitchiest bunch I have ever encountered in my life.
>>
>>18690410
>I have to say alcoholics are the whiniest bitchiest bunch I have ever encountered in my life.
i feel like this as well which has stopped me from seeking help or even admitting to myself that i have a problem
>>
>>18690421
Like I said recognize that you have a problem but work at it yourself. I'd honestly just say quit completely until a social even comes up and then indulge. Its what I did. If your motivation isn't great then slowly limit yourself.
And for the love of god stay away from AA, those guys are a bunch or overgrown children who complain about their lives and then relapse every three months and then go there to complain again. Its like a cult or some shit.
A psychologist may be helpful but the true will to change comes from within and nobody can decide that but yourself.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.