[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I Autistic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

So I watched a documentary on Autism, and thinking back on my childhood, I think I exhibited a lot of signs. If I am on the spectrum I'd guess I'm on the low end and don't really feel the need to do anything about it, but I just wanted to ask if other people feel they might be "slightly autistic" and if it helped knowing.

One of the main things that got me was "A sign of Autism is a lot of playing alone, hand flapping, and leaping straight up when very excited." When I was a kid I was very engrossed in my action figures. I had whole stories that carried over from different play sessions and I hated playing action figures with other kids because they basically just based actions figures into each other like "MUH GUY IS THE STRONGEREST BECAUSE LASERS!". Anyway, when I got to exciting battles or moments in my stories I'd sort of leap up and hand flap. I liked to develop fight scenes and "rewrite them" to think of a better way out for the hero if the odds were bad. I once realized a baby sitter was sort of watching me do this and I realized suddenly "this is a weird thing to do in-front of people" so I stopped playing with action figures unless totally alone. I played with action figure secretly, probably at least until late middle school and never had a lot of friends. I still find myself actually enjoying toys when I babysit my nephew, I have to make sure I don't get carried away around adults. It's weird, I get like a genuine 'high' from playing with toys. But don't own any toys outside of childhood ones that are stashed somewhere in my attic. Yet I think I would actually play with them if it wasn't weird

I have a job and a gf now and a few friends, I'm kind of socially aloof, but I seem to manage. I'm well liked at work and good at interviews. Whenever I learn about autism though I keep finding these moments that kind of "click" with me and make me think, "damn, if I was my parent I would definitely get me tested"

Am I on the spectrum? Is autism over diagnosed?
>>
>>18689403
Go to a doctor instead of trying to self-diagnose lmao
>>
>>18689403
No, having imaginary worlds as a child and not being Rico Suave is not a sign of Autism. 90% of people claiming to have Autism are just making an excuse for their failures. People with real Autism will embarrass themselves often, are some even mentally deficient in several besides socializing.
>>
>>18689874
That is, if they are even capable of picking up on cues that lead to embarrassment.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.