[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Studying career problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (173KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173KB, 2048x1536px
I've got some serious problems about choosing the right university. I'm really into physics since i was 15. I also consider myself a quite good guitar player but i don't have the proper knowledge(music theory,jazz technique) to pass the exams to get into the conservatory,though they're necessary in my country to get there.I was thinking about learning all these stuff by myself or getting a private teacher,while attending another university. I'm afraid that this would be a mistake,'cause i'll not have the right time to focus on a particular subject as physics requires A LOT of work to do. So i was thinking about studying phylosophy (which i'm passionate with,and sounds like a good compromise,not as complicated as physics,but also quite different) while i attend all the music stuff that i need to pass the exams for the con. What do you think of all of this? What choose would you make? Time is almost over so i have to decide as soon as possible.
Sorry for my imperfect english,italian fag here.
>>
>>18689359
I was really into guitars a while back. I always thought it would be cool to be a luthier. You could still have fun playing but not have to worry so much about theory all the time.
>>
>>18689359
Music theory is super easy especially if you already know how to play an instrument. Study it on your own for sure. You'll find that a lot of the concepts in music theory that you'll be learning, you already know, just by a different name. I can't help with the other stuff but definitely start learning theory asap. Also go see live performers if you can, preferably jazz and independent musicians, it will help supplement your studies.
>>
>>18689380
I will definitively start studying it. I also never refuse a live performance,expecially if it's of the kind of those you mentioned. I appriciate that man. Last thing would be choosing physics rather than phylosophy,or viceversa.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.