[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I divorce my wife if we just moved across the country

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: images.png (4KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
4KB, 200x200px
How do I divorce my wife if we just moved across the country to live at my parents house for the sake of my career?

My foreign wife and I just moved from the south east of England to my home town in the Scottish Highlands for the sake of my career. I work in nuclear so a lot of work is far away from cities.

I've thought about it for a while and now I'm sure I don't want to stay married, but obviously now is an awful time to do it.

We're looking for a flat but at the moment we live with my parents. My mum keeps badgering me to get a joint mortgage but the thought of having complicated financial ties to my wife makes my stomach turn.

I've been iffy about my wife for a while because she seems to get more and more dependent as time goes on, and I'm sick of giving up what I want for her, especially when I'm one earning the one earning most of our income. She basically doesn't leave the house without me and all she does is watch TV.

I asked her to keep her job in the south east until she got an offer somewhere here, but she said she'd be lost without me, so now she's unemployed.

I've tried to tell to my parents that I'm unhappy several times over the last half year and they act like I'm being unreasonable, although that's unsurprising because I don't think they've ever cared much about how I feel, just so long as I'm doing the 'right' thing.

I don't think I have any friends I can confide in.
>>
>>18689202

Jesus, your feelings are not the primary factor in a marriage

Marriage is about choice, and sticking with it because you gave your bloody word. Personally, unless theres abuse or infidelity involved, leaving is not a valid option for me. 10x so if there are kids.

Grow a pair and have some discipline. Do some marriage counseling and try to make it work.

I swear, this kind of immaturity is why the West won't survive another 70 years.
>>
>>18689202
>My foreign wife

which country is she from?
>>
>>18689314
China. We met at university. At the time she was really determined and headstrong but since then I think living abroad in a foreign culture has really worn her down. I think she would be happier in China.
>>
>>18689320
Ummm, not to be that guy - but if you've been feeling iffy for a while why didn't you break up/divorce before the move? like it or not she's stuck up there with you now and if you leave her you're going to come off as the bad guy.
>>
>>18689433
Because I just wasn't sure. She was pretty useless when we moved and I found that I had to do most of the cleaning, packing and decision making.
>>
>she's unemployed
Worst time to get a divorce op, as she can seek lods of alomone. At least wait until she gets a decent job.
>>
>>18689484
again - you must have had an inkling that it wasn't quite right and that you were in the relationship because it was there, believe me we've all been in those relationships. You can't take the plunge to leave because of the unknown. BUT relocating was a perfect chance to take stock - now youve moved its a little less so.
>>
>>18689320
>falling for the Asian wife meme
Laffin at ur life m8
>>
>>18689498
Do we have alimony in the UK? If you've got little to no assests then divorce should be easier?
>>
>>18689512
https://www.firstwivesworld.com/index.php/experts/item/5127-breaking-up-in-britain-are-the-uks-divorce-laws-better-for-women

UK is even more on the woman's side then the us
>>
>>18689505
Yeah I know I ducked up but what can I say? There's a lot going on in my head and it's hard to pin it all down succinctly. For instance I've saved a lot for a mortgage deposit and I am and was scared that if I get divorced I'll have to half the £30k I've banked with her.
>>
>>18689542
Slowly move your half into 'untraceable' assets? Gold coins and the like? yeah it'll take time - you can't just make 15k disappear over night.

Realistically what do you want to happen? what outcome are you after?
>>
>>18689202
What a dick you are. You move her to the middle of no fucking where, with your parents and away from anyone she may remotely know and bitch she doesn't go out.

Least you can do is give her a big chunk of money so she can either go home to China or start over somewhere else.

Wish she was in the US and you'd have to give her alimony since you want to dump her on the side of the street.
>>
>>18689542
Dude you're fucked... Like you are fucked. You got cucked by an asian, cut your losses now. Money isn't anything, give he what she wants to get rid of it.

don't think about the money youre losing, only a fucking idiot would care about $15000, instead of being happy for the rest of your life.
>>
This really isn't the place to ask
>>
>>18689506
>currently falling for this meme
aaah help
>>
File: Ibuki3.jpg (23KB, 221x226px) Image search: [Google]
Ibuki3.jpg
23KB, 221x226px
>>18689248
>Stay in a marriage that you hate just cuz lol
Retard
>>
>>18689202

While not the same situation I was married to a girl that I constantly had "iffy" feelings about. She was also really clingy and dependent. We would end up have the possible divorce talk once a year. Eventually I divorced her and it broke her heart. I thought I was fine with everything until the divorce was finalized. I don't know what snapped it me but I finally realized what I threw away. I destroyed a perfectly good marriage because I had some personal issues. We could of worked on things, I could on made more effort. But no, I fucked up and am now alone. Doesn't matter what good looking girl I hook up with or get a date with because I still think of my ex constantly.

Moral of the story is, talk to her, do everything you can to work on your issues together. Make sure that if you do divorce you can do so knowing that you both tried everything to make it work. If you two try to work out your issues and you are still unhappy then go ahead and divorce. Remember that life has it's ups and downs. You could just be in the middle of a down time. Is it worth ending your marriage and having to start all over just because you could not stick it out for another year or so?
>>
>>18689320
Jake?
>>
>>18690582
Married anon here, this is good advice.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.