[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Consideration for NOT committing suicide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: the-thinker.jpg (67KB, 710x473px) Image search: [Google]
the-thinker.jpg
67KB, 710x473px
What are good reasons for NOT killing yourself? I'm 22 at this point and I feel like at 23,24 I'm done for in terms of having a life which I can value highly. My attractiveness in null, my personality is garbage. Almost all of my friends are gone and nothing seems to be falling into place. And even if it does - it's quite temporary and I can't stop thinking about losing these good things quickly. Even though I am considering doing it I'm still quite angry at myself for not trying hard enough. But I also believe that, at this point, resistance is futile and it would be easier to ease the pain of fellow humans by making one fat fuck go away.
But since I'm a on-the-fence pussy - What are good reasons for NOT killing yourself?
>>
>>18689191
if you kill yourself you won't get to experience the pleasure on getting pity (You)s on this romanian coconut-juggling imageboard.
>>
>>18689194
You got me there monkey-non
>>
What's the rush? You'll always have time to die.
>>
>>18689204
To not feel more pain/disappointment at myself, for example.
>>
>>18689191

because no matter how bad your life may seem if you have the access to internet you have enough cushion in life to sit down, think about what kind of life you would reasonably like to have and then put a plan into motion to get that life.
>>
>>18689212
If you care about doing something meaningful with your life, ending it is the last thing you want to do. Think about what you want in life, reassess your priorities, and get to work.
>>
>>18689228
The problem with that is that such plans have been made, by myself and via psychological sessions. Such things do not work out for me, however. Being extremely easy to detain from ideas, having a low self-esteem and all that. I just can't see having a meaningful life which such traits, you know?

>>18689231
>If you care about doing something meaningful with your life, ending it is the last thing you want to do.
Agreed with the sentiment. But what if, at some point in the near future, such life wouldn't be achieved? It takes years and I'm already at the end of my teen circle, having lost a lot of opportunities. Such a gamble feels like a Pascal wager - living for a sake of it because, you know, one day something good may happen. Feels like a waste. It would be just a same wager that happened in previous 22 years of my life at this point.
>>
>>18689254

>you know?

no. because i just put in the work required to do what i want instead of whining about how the work is too hard.
>>
Just because you don't feel life is worth living for doesn't mean that death is so much better it's worth dying for. Just ride it out.
>>
>>18689254
People start new careers in their 40s and 50s all the time. You're still a baby ffs.
>>
>>18689262
I do not care about the hardness of the work. I do care about the failure of such work. Not setbacks, no bumps on the road but a genuine failure at achieving a goal. I mean, I would understand if such a life could be worked on in a different environment, being younger and all, but not at the point in which you need to think about your financial situation and going onward with your work schedule and such. Some may have a luxury of more time but I do not feel I have one. Call it what you want, I guess. If it is whining to you - fine by me.

>>18689270
>Just because you don't feel life is worth living for doesn't mean that death is so much better it's worth dying for.
Actually curious - why do you think that?

>>18689277
Different people aren't me though. They had different backgrounds, environments, predispositions. Luck is a huge factor too.
Just as I do not say my problems are bigger/smaller than other people's. That's why I don't look at other people as being lesser/better than me.
>>
>>18689291

your so whiny.
>>
You just don't know what will happen. Life is unpredictable, in a good and bad way, but it's still very interesting to experience it.

You lost all your friends? It's ok, you will met new ones, and they will be as good as the old ones. A LOT of people lose friends around 23/24, we all become differents from each others, there's nothing special. You will just find people who relate more to your older identity, that's all.

Nothing seems to be falling into place, yeah, just like most people. It take times, and yeah it's temporary most of the time. It's life, life is about moving, it's not a painting. You have to move all the time, sometimes faster or slower, but still have to move.

Give yourself a chance. Meet new people, go to places you've never been. Don't stop to move, and you will find the "thing", even if you do nothing for it. Just don't stop to move, it will come.
>>
>>18689341
Has any of these things that you described happened to you in any way? I mean - finding friends, having good things happen to you, and all? Seems very valid in all but, like I've said, movements have been made in the past and they haven't really worked out well. Also, it also feels like this is extremely based upon luck. What if said things would not come? Like you've said - live is unpredictable; comes back to my point about the wager - living for a sake of it because something good may happen some day, somewhere.
>>
>>18689191
for me
-My favorite chinese novel is updating
-My parents will be sad and they already suffered enough without a dead son
-Given the political climate I'll probably be purged one day anyway so why not just wait for it
>>
>>18689408
>-Given the political climate I'll probably be purged one day anyway so why not just wait for it
Glad to be away from US fo sho
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.