[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do 4chan ppl like to watch #REKT videos? Image totally unrelated.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: fun_in_class.jpg (138KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
fun_in_class.jpg
138KB, 1280x960px
Why do 4chan ppl like to watch #REKT videos? Image totally unrelated.
>>
morbid curiosity
>>
shock terapy
>>
>>18688059
Because alot of people here are anti-social losers and like to see normal people die gruesome deaths or have other bad things happen to them.
>>
>>18688120
so it's objectively a bad thing/habit?
>>
It's stimulating.
>>
I have been to those rekt threads for past some time and my motive quite absurd btw.
I go there to kill my emotions and feelings for human trash
>>
>>18688129
>human trash
Take a look in the mirror.
>>
>>18688122
It's not a habit and I wouldn't call it bad.
It just feels good to see others get destroyed, makes you feel a little better despite your miserable life.
School shootings are the best of the bunch, hearing or reading about them makes me so hard, all those dead normies.
>>
>>18688122
From moral viewpoint of normal people - yes, but if you are so called loser and don't like normal people it's ok. What's wrong with being happy about your enemy's failure? They are laughing when girls reject us, when we have terrible acne so I'm going to laugh when they get smashed by a truck. I don't feel bad about it.
>>
>>18688133
ow the edge

yeah it's a bad thing, OP. overexposure to that shit can desensitize you pretty hard. I do think it's true that many people on 4chan like watching it because they're either losers that like seeing perceived "normal" people get fucked up or its just morbid curiosity like that anon earlier said. after you've been here for a number of years you're bound to get exposed to that kind of stuff at some point. some take it further.

look up the term "schadenfreude"
>>
>>18688130
I feel far superior to average people.
>be me
>be tetra-lingual
>personality shifts in accordance to language
>academic achievements
>not bad at sports either
>Height 6.2
>Not into relationships as I am above lust
>Finds people too normal and boring
>Realizes everyone is all about one's own interest
>Starts seeing counselor
>He asks not to expect too much nor get carried away emotionally
>Tie my cuts off with 90% of people I used to know

And yet here you are.
>>
>>18688140
Well, it's edgy, but it's the truth.
I understand that normal people can't get it or even see it as unhealthy, but that's our reality.
>>
I did it mainly because I weirdly like(d) the feeling of disgust. Kinda regret it now as I've laughed at really bad moments more than once and in general have to constantly fake disgust and sorrow.
>>
>>18688152
I most definitely understand it. You just sound like an edgy fag when you put it that way.
>>
>>18688059
Same reason a car accident can cause a traffic jam even if its not remotely in the way or blocking the road. Rubbernecking.

Humans have morbid curiosity. It doesnt translate to real life.

I can watch rekt video for hours. At work once i watched a co worker lose a finger tip. Launch panickattack.exe.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.