[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I safe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: ImAblatantFuckup.png (91KB, 505x309px) Image search: [Google]
ImAblatantFuckup.png
91KB, 505x309px
>Be me (a fucking moron)
>Drunk, horny
>Hop on chat roulette
> Find "girl"
>"Girl" records me, finds my facebook, threatens to post video on facebook, unless he receives $200
>Don't give him shit
>Receive a few days of threats
>Nothing ever happens

This was three years ago. Since then, I've been a zero social media guy for fear that he's still lurking out there with a file on me, ready to blackmail again.

When will I be safe to make a facebook again?
Ever?

Additionally, I'm about to make a move up in the world (first non entry level job) so now would be the perfect opportunity to fuck my shit up, considering I'll have adult money soon.
>>
>>18687800
You learned a valuable lesson about the dangers of using social media at all, but I would stop worrying about this guy. The scam probably involves threatening people, and not actually following through with said threats. It's been three years! Try to be rational about this. Being rational about this might calm your nerves a bit.
>>
Just change your FB name and picture set everything to private and change where you live. Don't put any real info of you on there. Not hard. People take that shit too seriously and put their whole lives and family photos on for the public to see.
>>
>>18687811
If everyone made this impersonal facebooks, using the site would have almost no purpose, except to interact with content pages and company pages. Basically, Facebook is shit, and using it correctly is giving all of their information away for no reason to a Harvard Jew who called all of the users "fucking idiots" or something like that.
>>
>>18687806
I appreciate the input, and I agree with you.

But god damn, I'm getting my first start on real life:
Big boy job
Finding my own place
etc.

I'm just terrified of him swooping in and fucking my shit up since I'll have more on the line.

I mean, who cares about a 17 year old's reputation?

But a grown ass man? I'll have more money to take, and more to lose.
>>
>>18687811
Definitely some good ideas here. Thank you.
>>18687817
I think it would behoove me to find a good middle ground between witness protection and "here's my entire life!!"
>>
>>18687825
>>18687821
>>18687817
>>18687811
You are no longer in highschool or college. As you reach a time going into real life you either need to get the fuck off of Facebook completely or change your name and picture so no one outside your circle can ever find you. If you want friends on FB, then you find them, don't have them find you.
>>
>>18687837
There's no way this guy's keeping tabs on me, right? After 3+ years?

What am I supposed to do? Start going by an alias?

It's not that I don't appreciate the input, and I'm not thinking "omg I have to have a facebook"!

Even when I had one, I didnt use it very much.
It'd just be nice to reconnect with some people/use it every once in a while.
>>
>>18687849
You can reconnect with people. Just take your name and change it so it's not your real name. If your name is Conner change the name to Coco or something that is meaningful to you. Only fools put their real info on the jewbook. Don't forget to mark all ads as offensive to dick with their business model. If we all do this together, FB Snapchat all those gay social media entities selling and storing your data will die.
>>
>>18687849
Just don't put your lastname, easy solution is use your middle name instead.

You're probably okay by now but it's always a good idea to not out your full life on the internet, even if it is the norm now
>>
So what happens if that guy finds your new fb profile? He can't tag you in the video since you don't have him as a friend. He could track your friends and send the video to some of them, but if you put everything on private (including not having a cover photo) it would be very difficult to find them. And even if he does, and they get to see the video, who cares? You're not in high school, no one's gonna make fun of you or what not. People masturbate and sometimes they do it in front of a camera. I hope you're smart enough not to have your boss and relatives as fb friends tho, and that's not just bc of this situation
>>
>>18687849
yes i am
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.