[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

non-maturing younger brother?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: adelie.jpg (15KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
adelie.jpg
15KB, 720x540px
In my junior year of highschool, i have an elevenyear old brother who seems to be a bit babyish for his age. He still throws tantrums, even with friends over, and he gets scared of safe to say almost anything, and throws a crying fit trying to make others feel sorry for him. I or a parent are still forced to sit in his room at night and make sure he falls asleep because he is afraid of the dark. I understand being scared, but I don't think this is a good way to deal with it.
He also does not help out much with daily chores, and spends much time playing video games or watching tv. The few times he does help out is when there is a reward involved, either electronic time or by parents giving special attention for being 'a good helper'. I am worried that once school starts back up again, my parents will become stressed with daily house chores, because they both work day jobs, and I have an afternoon job right after school. Usually i do dishes and laundry and any tidying up needed, but i dont want them to do these things, they dont have the time.
Also speaking of school, my brother seems to have issues with doing homework. He seemingly constantly needs to be reminded to do his homework, and it is usually done AFTER playing on electronics. When he does do homework, he almost always has his mother 'helping' him with it, by this i mean she pretty much answers the questions for him, and he just writes them down. She is not looking for him to score perfectly, its just that he starts throwing a fit that he doesn't understand the question, and he physically cries over it, and she feels she needs to give him answers.
I want to tell my parents these things, that it seems they are feeding him unearned attention, but I dont want to appear corrective of other peoples mistakes. This pisses them off. i realize i have major problems in my head too, but i have been taking medication and forcing lifestyle changes on my own to fix this. Should I tell them how I feel about my brother?
>>
congrats to anyone who actually reads through this.
>>
Yes you should, he's still very young, but they need to disicpline him otherwise he will grow up to be a NEET and a burden on them and you. Is he autistic by any chance, because lack of maturity can associate with Asperger's and autism.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.