[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw want to be extroverted and get out but too introverted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1829.jpg (53KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1829.jpg
53KB, 500x333px
>tfw want to be extroverted and get out but too introverted to do anything alone
Why the fuck am I like this?

I have opportunities to go out and try to have fun but going somewhere like a party alone is so intimidating.
I don't have any friends to go with to parties, so when I am able to work up enough courage to go, I'm usually just standing by myself, drinking and on my phone.
Music is too loud to talk to someone, almost everyone is in their own group, and girls are so defensive when any guy tries to talk to them.

Being this way makes me want to an hero.
>>
To be honest going out to bars and shit by yourself is hard, especially if you're not extremely outgoing. I suggest hitting up some old class/work mates, maybe even family to go with ya, at least once.
Even if all that fails, remeber that social life =/= going to bars and clubs
>>
Meetup.com

Awesome way to meet people and do stuff. Always really nice people too.
>>
>>18686919
Not 21 yet so not going to bars or clubs, which I'd much rather do.
Beginning of the semester always means fairly open frat parties or I'll be invited to them more often.
Last year I had a group of friends that would all go but now I don't have anyone.
I'm alone in my dorm room, far away from family, no real friends, and no connection to any acquaintances.

As I said in the OP, these parties aren't exactly loner friendly.
>>
>>18686970

This.

Also, I was exactly in the same situation as you, but I pushed through and learned to swim in the deep end like Michael Phelps spliced with a dolphin.

The concepts that I learned that made me able continue was: 1: No one is truly paying attention or judging you like you think. People never do - it's human nature. Everyone is absorbed with their own thoughts and own lives. 2: No one will remember/you are likely to never see these people again. Seriously.

These two concepts when perceived from a certain angle are incredibly freeing. It allows you the 'right' to learn to socialize, and make mistakes.

The right way to go is to think as above, while taking baby steps.

I found this video the other day which sums some of the concepts up nicely:

https://youtu.be/_NQGQImrpx4
>>
>>18687139

Err, wrong video. But that's actually useful too.

I'll try to find the one i actually mentioned
>>
>>18686905

I think you have a perception problem. I think because these aspects of socializing intimidate you you've constructed avoidance techniques under the guise of objective reality to justify your decisions.

For example you use loud music as a reason for not communicating; well why not step outside? Why not find a lively conversation happening successfully in a less noisy part of the house and interact there? You also try to portray women as "defensive" when any guy tries to talk to them. I think we both know that isn't true but by reinforcing the idea that they're just going to be "defensive" anyways you give yourself a convenient out for when you want to talk to women but ultimately decide not to. I'm not using these examples to belittle you but to illustrate how far the human mind is willing to go to convince ourselves that things we find most difficult are difficult because the world dictates this for us and not because we have not made a concerted enough effort to analyze and problem solve.

This is all an issue with perception; the perception of your ability to properly navigate social situations and the capacity of your social surroundings to properly accommodate you. This is a conversation perhaps a bit too large for 4chan so I really suggest you seek some therapy. My immediate advice would be to start slow; obviously parties are often very disconnected experiences and often aren't staging grounds for long term relationships. Maybe try something a little less stressful. Therapy as well. You'll need an objective third party to bounce your perceptions off of and try to zero in which things you feel are natural stressors that come with social interaction and which feelings are self-induced.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.