[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I takedown this video?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1502267451876.jpg (61KB, 600x733px) Image search: [Google]
1502267451876.jpg
61KB, 600x733px
So to try to make a long story short, I was asked by a friend to film a band he was recording. I quickly regretted saying yes as I knew it would be a hassle, and when the day came it absolutely was. After filming for free and planning on putting together the video for free (both of which I have the equipment and the skill that I should be getting paid), my friend became an absolute bitch about sending me the song and insisted I send him what I shot so he could make the video! It was a lot of bullshit, but in the end I got the song and made a video out of it (thus expanding my portfolio), so hey whatever I got something out of it.

This was two months ago, today I found out my video was posted on the band's youtube a week after. It now has 47,000 views whereas mine has 100. They did not ask me, and I wouldn't make a video for someone else to post unless I got paid for it. They did credit my name in the description, but there's no link to my channel or site so it does dick all for me.

So here's the question, should I report it and get it taken it down? I'm not a spiteful person but you can imagine my annoyance when my video got massive views on someone else's channel while my own videos top out at 300, with most being under a 100. The other side to this is there's the video on my channel with their song on it, which they could have taken down if they wanted to retaliate. It wouldn't be huge to me losing that one video, but then I lose the only thing I got out of this damn thing.
>>
Also I don't think they're running ads. I use adblock but disabled it for that page and nothing came up, so at least they're not making money of it.
>>
nah. word of mouth is important for you. just work smarter in the future.
>>
>>18686711
mistake: today I found out my video was posted on the band's youtube a week after *I had posted the video on my channel
>>
>>18686727
Yeah I'm definitely not letting myself get in this situation again
>>
wtf, ask them to link you
>>
>>18686711

If you're serious about doing this kind of work for a living, make a contract and make each and every client sign it before you start work. Lay out policies such as social media and other BS you care about. There's really jack shit you can do about this since you didn't take the necessary pre-steps to protect yourself.

Live and learn Julio.

>muh 47k views

Who gives a shit? Really. Billions of views a day on that website and they've gotten 47k in two months, 23.5k a month, less than a thousand views a day. Big fuckin' deal. You youngsters and your Instagrams and Facebooks and YouTube popularity.
>>
>>18686711
>so it does dick all for me.
Speak to them? ask for a credit? It might do you good at a later date? Don't get eaten up by it Anon.
>>
It depends on what you guys previously agreed upon. If nothing was said about who owns the video and the rights to distribute it, then you have no claim to be able to take it down. However if there is proof that you guys agreed that you owned the video and decided how it was distributed then yeah you have a case. But it sounds like it was just a loose word of mouth agreement, so all I can really say is cover yourself next time so you can get credit where credit is due. Plus, it totally should have been on you to put your name somewhere in the video (usually at the beginning) so nobody can go around pretending they produced it when it was actually you who did.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.