[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Joining the Army after Uni

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1500753352637.jpg (427KB, 2100x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1500753352637.jpg
427KB, 2100x1400px
I need some /adv/, I've always wanted to enlist, and work in the US military. I'm currently in my 3rd year of med school here in Costa Rica.
If I move to the US and apply, would my studies here be something that would "stand out" and help me get the job I want?

ps: Is there a chance that I can become a navy corpsmen? and does nationality matter in this case?
>>
>>18686170
I think being an Emergency Physician would be a better route. You can still join the military but the pay and treatment would be far better as you will be an officer. Nevertheless if you want to become a Corpsman then I don't see why you couldn't become one.
>>
>>18686181
Ok, I'll look into it, but will the military take in consideration my studies and give me an advantage while choosing the job? Or will I be in the same line as someone who doesent have previous studies in med school?
>>
>>18686242
I don't think it will make much of a difference as combat medicine is a different situation than being a physician. If you want to serve though they will take you.
>>
>>18686170
>and does nationality matter in this case?

Yes it does. You can't just move to the US and apply to the military. You need a work visa for that and the US Army does not give you on (unless in very rare cases where they bring translators over from Iraq or Afghanistan that would be threatened in their home countries).

This plan is literally impossible.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.