[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypothetically speaking, if you were interviewing someone for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1496270840194.jpg (434KB, 1536x2048px)
1496270840194.jpg
434KB, 1536x2048px
Hypothetically speaking, if you were interviewing someone for a coding job (specifically webdev) and you see that they have multiple unfinished waifu games and apps along with some finished "professional" apps on their github, would you hire that person?

Also on their twitter they only post updates on their waifu games and other apps. Literally no other kinds of discussions or photos of social interaction.
>>
Almost every coder and programmer you'll meet is somewhere on the autistic spectrum. It's part and parcel of working with them.
>>
>>18685865
I'm not autistic I'm just lonely.
>>
>>18685988
>I'm not autistic I'm just lonely.

Your employer isn't gonna care about the semantics.
>>
>>18685852
Can't you have separate accounts ?
One for waifu games, one for social interaction, one for pro things. And not your real name on waifu things ?
>>
>>18686005
leld
>>
her snapchat: stpeach
>>
>>18685852

managers really only give a shit about if you can code and if you'd fit their team nicely. You could be a massive anime faggot but if the managers team are also massive anime faggots then he won't give a fuck.
>>
>>18685852

If there were skilled at coding and had a decent portfolio I'd definitely hire them for a remote position. If I required them to physically come into an office and successfully interact with other team members I'd avoid them like the plague.
>>
>>18685852
Just fucking separate out your professional shit from your weeb shit, it's not even that hard to do it after the fact. Make a new github, rewrite your repo history to match the new account name, and sync all your professional repos to it. Make new twitter account, etc.

It's ok to have some weeb shit on your twitter or whatever but waifu games/apps on your github is a red flag to many of us. Being an anime fan is fine, I'm not into it personally but many coders are. Being a dweebus neckbeard is not ok though, because chances are you'll be smelly, lazy and antisocial - i.e. incapable of working as part of a team.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.