[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fight my ticket?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0347.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0347.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
What's up? I received a ticket last night at 11:27 pm in Olive Branch MS for traveling 92 in a 70 on the interstate.

Should I try to fight it as to not increase insurance costs? If so any tips? Should I try to ask the judge to dismiss it on the court date?

I am a university student and told the officer I was travelling "back from Memphis to my university" I drive an 07 Toyota Yaris that does not have cruise control so the gas pedal is a balancing act. There was hardly anyone on the road so I wasn't paying much attention to my speedometer. I thought I was going 80. The officer told me he clocked me at 92. I told him I thought I was doing 80.

I'm looking for some nuances in the state law that would help me out. I found conflicting info though. According to the city of Olive Branch, the ticket cost would be about 235 dollars. But according to MS code 63-9-11 first time offenders pay no more than 100 dollars. Which is it?

As I said I am in university so I really do not want to spend money on a lawyer but also do not want increased insurance costs. Thanks for your input.
>>
If you didn't want to risk higher insurance costs, you shouldn't have been speeding.
>>
>>18685310
I understand that but I think pulling someone over on an open road in the middle of the night that is not driving dangerously only fast is ridiculous. But that is just my opinion i guess.
>>
I don't know Anon I'm no lawyer but I think the fact that you told the cop that you thought you were going 80 is still just as bad. You should have never told him that because you basically admitted to breaking the law and if you do go to court the cop can just bring it up. So if I were you I would just pay the ticket and just be more aware of how fast your’re going next time.
>>
File: Sauron.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Sauron.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>18685303
>Olive Branch
You drove 22 mph over the limit. According to the fine chart it is $233.50.

http://www.obms.us/ticket-prices/

How do you think small towns fund their police departments? It looks like they spit those tickets out like from a machine gun if they need a website to explain their ticket fines. If you go to court to try and fight it, there will be "court costs". Just pay online.

http://www.topix.com/forum/source/wreg/TLSIAFGEQV2R10NOI

It looks like you are out of luck.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.