[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become self disciplined? Sticking to scehdules is so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: Honeycomb.jpg (329KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Honeycomb.jpg
329KB, 1200x1600px
How do I become self disciplined? Sticking to scehdules is so hard for me.
>told myself i was going to draw for an hour
>sketched one torso then gave the stuff up to play vidya

>want to read a book or something for 30 minutes
>go fuck off on the internet
>>
>>18685023

With practice, and if possible, by permanently removing available distractions.

Selling your video game system or uninstalling all your video games seem unthinkable right now, but at least file that idea away for later. Commercially-designed recreation is so potent these days that it's almost weaponized. For me it was Magic: The Gathering. It was fun and engaging and very subtle in the way that it increasingly dominated my time and my thoughts, and yet because of the investment-like nature of time spent collecting cards and designing decks, I had a major resistance to quitting, to the extreme that I couldn't really even consider it. Maybe your relationship with vidya is nothing like my relationship with Magic, but when the things we do for fun are part of a multimillion (or billion) dollar industry, they end up ingeniously designed to keep the barriers to engaging with them low and the barriers to quitting high. They come with hooks and can end up owning us, is my point.

Let's put aside the issue of quitting vidya forever; maybe you just want to improve your work/play ratio. I think what you need is to more intimately know why you want to do the things you want to do that are not vidya. Your reasons for wanting to play vidya are self-evident. But why do you want to draw? What is it you will get by drawing? (I'm not asking you to explain here, I only mean that you need to ask yourself these things.) When you know what it is you want, and can use a string of reasonable beliefs to connect the task in front of you with the end goal you want, it becomes easier to do the task in front of you.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.